Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Autobiography of a yogi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yaming

Switzerland
112 Posts

Posted - May 31 2011 :  11:34:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys,
I was wondering if someone else has read this book (I am still reading it) and what the impressions are that you have from it.
For me many stories of the book are hard to believe for me. Especially those about Babaji. No wonder people get the impression that someone who is enlightened is almost perfect... I mean someone who can manipulate matter in any way he wants it read minds and whatever else they are supposed to do. I wouldn't even try to argue with someone like that.
Oh and I was wondering about those guys who are supposed to be enlightened today. Like Adyashanti, Ekhart Tolle etc. Those never seems to show any of those miracles.
Well feel free to throw in your thoughts.

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  02:47:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
this a great book and it is all true..those siddhis are true too...notice that in the book those miracles are only showed by the guru to his devotees who are serious in the path of yoga

but in reality the enlightened dont have to show or proof anyhting..he has no ego ..he does not exist..he does not care..it just happens spontaneouslly..things get done through him by the Self

keep in mind that siddhis are not a criteria .. a person may have them but may NOT be enlightened
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  03:56:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I finished reading the book a few weeks ago.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9489

Great book!

The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
~ Morpheus (The Matrix)

Babaji is the One!

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  04:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
manigma ..you are back where did u disappear for a week
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  07:31:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

manigma ..you are back where did u disappear for a week

Little summer break with friends near himalayas.

Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  2:12:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wow Manigma I am sure You had wonderful spiritual time there!
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  4:35:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still not finished with that book. Can only read a couple of pages at a time - then I'm off to what is described...

I've been sharing time with a master like that: enlightened - and with those siddhis. It's absolutely mind-blowing.

I was so happy to read the book, and find out that some of what happened in my life could actually be described by someone else experiencing similar stuff!
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  01:44:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by vijikr

wow Manigma I am sure You had wonderful spiritual time there!

Yes, just looking at the snow covered peaks of Himalayas is a great meditation in itself.

The peaks of silence and stillness. Just like us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lps1hzr0x80

Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  06:05:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yaming,

Thats one the great book to hold in one's hand..read through sometime some will feel conencted to it others will feel like what you said but when you get an experience then you can relate it...

Well when I read the book I read it with open mind and didnt believe many stuffs said there but Now I DO I DO

The book is like of reference now..lol

Btw Thanks for that video Manigma(i wonder wats the meaning of this name)
love n Light
Gayatri

Edited by - vijikr on Jun 29 2011 06:08:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  08:49:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by vijikr
Btw Thanks for that video Manigma(i wonder wats the meaning of this name)

LOL. My name is Mani and I am big fan of Enigma (Michael Cretu).

The urban dictionary has some cool meanings for manigma:

- An individual who discovers and embraces the complexities that make them who they are; flawed and fantastic but thoroughly unique. Someone who comes to terms with the antithetical within them.

- A celebration of one's polarities.

- A quality that possesses danger and daintiness, chaos and calm.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...term=Manigma

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  11:31:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and what is the meaning of Mani?
my real name is maha...in arabic it means a white deer with big black eyes...
did u go to Gangotri?
i only went to rishikesh twice so far
Love
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  4:27:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mani means Jewel.
Oh thats nice to know it means white deer in arabic but Mahaeshwari in sanskrit means Great(maha)Eshawari (refers to Godess especially it means wife of lord SHIVA..when Lord Shiva is called Eshwar His partner is called Eshwari.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  4:45:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
so manigma you are the jewel of ayp
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  01:30:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Man in Hindi means Mind. And Mani means one who witnesses its mind, tries to understand it and discover its true nature.

Om - Awakens the soul.
Mani - The soul contemplates on mind.
Padme - The soul discovers the true nature of mind.
Hum - The soul and mind are one.

Om Mani Padme Hum.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000