Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Allah Hoo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  08:01:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Allah Hoo - Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...t+fateh&aq=f

All prayers begin with your name
And all prayers end with your name
But your praise is beyond words
Because you are the creator of all words

You are the Lord of worlds
All creations are your witnesses, because you are to be witnessed
On every lip is your praise and eulogy
You are present in all passions and all music

Allah hoo Allah hoo
Allah hoo Allah hoo

When there was neither land nor any world
Nor moon, stars or the sky, neither time or space
When even truth was not known to anyone
Even then, there was you!

Why the son of Haider drank the cup of annihilation/poison?
Why Tabrez agreed to be skinned alive?
Why Mansoor happily went on the gallows?
Worshippers like them come and go, but You remain the same

Every creation reflects your glory
All creations chant that you are the Lord
The beauty of your Lordship is perfect

You, the one who glows with new radiance every moment
And perplexes the yearning eyes
Every branch of a tree sings praise of your creation
And the leaves give the proof of your existence

There is no one like you and of your grandeur
You yourself are my imagination, inquisitiveness, and my desire
You are the light and the voice of my heart
You were then, you are now and you will always be here...

Allah hoo Allah hoo
Allah hoo Allah hoo

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...t+fateh&aq=f

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  08:41:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Manigma, I love this guy
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  9:32:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool!

I really like This Version, too!

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  12:38:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

Yes, I like it too. I was in school when Junoon released their first album. I bought its cassette and this song was in it.

I would also like you to hear this song:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3gxmp

Its a promo video song of a hindi movie and sung by Amitabh Bachchan.

Does his voice remind you of someone?

Edited by - manigma on May 15 2011 01:16:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  07:28:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lovely dear manigma
Allah Hay (the Self Is Alive)
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  3:08:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

quote:

Yes, I like it too. I was in school when Junoon released their first album. I bought its cassette and this song was in it.

I would also like you to hear this song:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3gxmp

Its a promo video song of a hindi movie and sung by Amitabh Bachchan.

Does his voice remind you of someone?

Amitabh is simply awesome.

I believe I may have mentioned this being my general assessment of him on previous occasions.

And to me, Amitabh only sounds like Amitabh .... but, by inference, I'm guessing you mean me?

If so, I'm honored ... and have never noticed the similarity before (and I've listened to many dozen, at least, of Amitabh's songs over the last few years ... and spanning several decades of his career).

Here's another song of his I really enjoy (below). For those who may not be familiar with Amitabh Bachchan, picture a 69 year old Indian man ... and then watch the video below:

Make A Wish from Aladin

Hows does someone that age have that much energy and joy?

Bringing it back to "things AYP", I'm guessing his applied bhakti may well have a lot to do with it.

Amitabh Bachchan is arguably India's most popular and revered living actor. His son Abhishek and daughter-in-law Aishwarya (Rai) Bachchan are two of the most popular actors in the world, as well (to put it in perspective: they're more popular, as evaluated by salaries and number of fans, than any American movie stars).

The video above shows them walking from their home in Mumbai, to their local temple, to honor Ganesha.

The distance is roughly 20km (12.5 miles).

And they do it barefoot.

Edited by - Kirtanman on May 15 2011 3:09:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  4:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Since it has moved from Allah Hoo to Amitabh... love this HANUMAN CHALISA by Amithabh (sung by him and along with several other lead singers in Bollywood.) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR3T...r_embedded#!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  02:39:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[Why Tabrez agreed to be skinned alive?]
Shanti ...the topic is moving more...the above quote made me remember the following one...in arabic Shams means Sun .. Shams Tabrez was the guru of Rumi...so Rumi once wrote to Shams :
"i was snow then i melted with You
now as evaporated drops.. i return back to the Sun "
what a beautiful way to express the death of the ego and the retun to the Self
sorry for the bad translation...cause the original quote i have is in french

Edited by - maheswari on May 16 2011 07:03:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  06:14:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
And to me, Amitabh only sounds like Amitabh .... but, by inference, I'm guessing you mean me?

Yes, and also Krishna Das.

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  06:27:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti
Since it has moved from Allah Hoo to Amitabh...

LOL!

From Allah Hoo to Amitabh... to Kirtnaman... to Shanti... to Krishna Das...

And yet perfectly still as it ever is.

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  06:24:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari
lovely dear manigma
Allah Hay (the Self Is Alive)

There is a moment in this song where Nusrat uses his pwerful Chi/energy and says Allah Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoo Hooooooooo.... awesome!!

The Sufis have found that the sound of "hoo" strikes exactly at the life source just below the navel. You were connected with your life, with your mother, from the navel. Just below the navel is the source of your own life.

Just try: when you say hoo the hit is below the navel. That's what we are using in our Dynamic Meditation. It is a Sufi discovery, but it can also be done in the Tibetan way. If hoo -- hoo seems to be a little harsh -- hum seems to be a little softer. I had a choice when I was working on the Dynamic Meditation, whether to use hum or to choose hoo. Hum is the hit to create OM in you.

"Hoo" is not to be used as a word. It is meaningless, it is just a sound. But the more vigorously you use it, it hammers the KUNDALINI. It goes down to the very sex center and hammers. This "hoo" is to be used as a hammering, not as a mantra; it is a hammering, just a device.

In Dynamic Meditation, this "hoo" helps to hammer Kundalini and to force it through the spine, upwards -- then the kundalini moves. Once the kundalini begins to move, your mind cannot get any energy to think.

Om Mani Padme Hum
http://www.oshoworld.com/e-books/se...search_title

Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  4:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love this song and all the song of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan!

love n light
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000