Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 second enhancement of mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  4:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
ohm shree ohm shree iam iam nameh

I tried the enhancement, it's a bit too much for me right now so i've stepped back.

but what does it do exactly?

does it have specific chakras in mind? is their a male female polarity?

what is the science of mantras?

If yogani knows more i'd love to hear it.

I'm on the cusp of starting a brand new mantra which has a guru connection to it.

when is this knowledge going to be revealed?

joe

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  6:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps you missed this lesson http://www.aypsite.org/188.html =P
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  6:33:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joe,

It resonates throughout the nervous system like an assortment of vibrations with particular frequencies some more effective at targeting particular sites in the subtle bodies.

The Om targets the 3rd-eye and crown, the sree so i've heard largely the crown, the I am the length of spinal cord( you'll notice it also mirrors bijam chakra mantras yam ram lam etc), the namah- the legs.So there's your polarities.

Actually mantras and mantra tends to energise the system especially followed by pranayam which tends to balance and charge-up.They both get the energy moving and if you like seem to work synergistically.

Is this other mantra from another system, perhaps even the vision of this guru perhaps?

The knowledge is revelaed in the ancient texts and experienced as well as revealed by yogis,rishis and sages.It's been known for millenia now, just that many folk are not that inclined to explore it because they're either probably not ready, mature enough psycho-energetically etc or perhaps other reasons-karma etc which is usually a complicated summary of the other two.

If by knowledge you mean the science of mantras or yoga/tantra as a vast science, the knowledge is revealed largely only to those that are inclined to explore it.Why some are inclined to explore could be linked to spiritual readiness, karma or past experience- though these all sound like a similar thing, who really knows?

I think we're so conditioned by reality we sometimes don't stop to smell the roses or what's if you like under our nose or we've never bothered.I know if i had'nt had certain prior life-past experiences i may not have been so inclined to explore yoga in sufficient depth.

I've always been in awe and respectful of Indian mysticism, something i've wanted to explore.The only way to understand yoga as practical knowledge is to commit yourself to practice but of course you know this.I think sometimes life can seem like it is so distracting that we don't bother or perhaps more likely we make up excuses.There's also sometimes environmental distractions as well as inner reasons.

You don't have to, but If you don't mind sharing i'd be interested you saying a bit more about this new mantra of yours.

Edited by - Akasha on May 23 2011 6:44:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  07:01:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just some food for thought - were you saying it as "ohm shree ohm shree iam iam nameh" or as "Shree Om shree om iam iam namah"?

In lesson 188 here is what Yogani says:
OM is placed after SHREE for more longevity in the vibration of OM. SHREE OM is coming into the body, and OM SHREE is leaving the body. It is a distinction with a noticeably positive difference in effect when seen through the inner senses of ecstatic conductivity.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So would it have been stabler if you were using shree om rather than Om shree ? ...................
Sorry for posing more questions rather than answering any.

Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  5:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey people :)
it's interesting what you've both said.

I read the lesson and nameh apparently resonates with the heart rather than the legs.

I've actually tried my own extended mantra tonight.

I't a combination of Kundalini Maha Yoga mantra (Sitta Ram) with the second enhancement.

I've also added the name of Brahman onto it as i've had good results with that in the past.

it has taken me far deep than i've ever gone before which was excellent.

It took me longer to come out of it too although it was far smoother than any of my other mantra experiences.

The full mantra is Shree ohm shree ohm Iam Iam sita ram brahman nameh

bit of a mouthful and it doesn't easily work if your thinking about your breathing.

very interesting.

I think i'll stick with it as i can't make up my mind between kundalini maha yoga and AYP.

AYP cultivates stillness and kundalini from day one, whereas kundalini maha yoga relies on initial safe awakening of kundalini through shaktipat which is an unknown time and distance away, the guru lives in india.

peace

Joe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000