AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 John Daido Loori, Zen Rishi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2006 :  02:16:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Interesting interview (ignore the awful intro):
http://www.nexuspub.com/articles/20...nov_2005.htm

I loved this line: "I saw where I was at with my photography. It was distant; there was no sense of intimacy in it. It was like I was afraid to get too close."

I'm no photographer, but I've lived most of my life with a nagging feeling that I was never truly in the picture. I remember seeing Niagra Falls as a ten year old, after much excitement about the trip. I was here, the falls were over there, and I just didn't know what to do with the experience. I didn't know how to be at Niagra Falls, I only knew how to point at Niagra Falls. This feeling has driven me nearly crazy all my life. AYP helps.

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2006 :  6:09:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Me too. I've often looked at my life and what I'm doing, and wondered why.
I always come to the conclusion that I do what I do well, and it helps people. But there's always this sense that it's not really me,
and it doesn't really matter.
AYP helps.
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2006 :  9:07:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~~~
Hello Folks,
Interesting comments that I can appreciate.
The Upanishads say 'one should get fedup with this life' This is the beginning of the search. Some come into this life 'fedup' and start the process early on. Many have a glimpse during the turning 40 expereince of what the heck am I do'n?. I never waited till 40... go figure,

The beginning of one of the most famous adhyatma (spiritual)books called Vasistha 's Yoga, starts with a despondent Rama. He gives his view of the world...He talks of 'wealth which is useless and deludes the ignorant'. He speaks of birth , death, and rebirth. He goes on and covers multiple views of the world and why it just does not make sense. Kinda like never being in the picture. Vasistha then brings the greatest insights on how this creation works, ones position in it...this is the next 700 pages. It is truly a masterpiece. That said, one is not drawn or shown this knowledge until the 'the picture does not make sense' experience is given the seeker.

agnir satyam rtam brhat
Frank in San-Diego

Edited by - Frank-in-SanDiego on Mar 30 2006 9:10:30 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000