AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Digital Version of AYP Book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2006 :  9:23:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I just ordered the digital/PDF/Acrobat verison of the AYP book from amazon. I don't always carry the book around with me, and I don't always have an internet connection to see the online version. Also, I like the extra material. Also, I like supporting this effort.

Join me in ordering at:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007A9QBC

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 07 2007 09:55:06 AM

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2006 :  9:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Woops....I went to download it and I got an empty file. Amazon seemed to think the download was going ok. And another PDF in my Amazon "digital locker" downloads fine.

Yogani, should I talk to Amazon about this?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2006 :  10:44:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim:

If it won't download from your Amazon digital locker (did you try again?) then better contact Amazon. I can go back to the ebook publisher to see if there is problem at the source, but they are gone until Monday. If it is a problem at the source, I expect I'd have heard by now, but will check anyway if you do not have it soon. Let me know.

Sorry about the difficulty.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2006 :  02:05:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've tried several times. It seems to download, but it's just a tiny little useless "marker" file, not the actual ebook. Other items in my locker do download.

I'll contact Amazon, and let you know via email of any results.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2006 :  07:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim:

I am reporting it to the ebook publisher.

Did you try it on another computer? I know that does not help you on your laptop. The reason I suggest this is that I had a similar download problem on one of my computers when the ebook first came out (not with other ebooks), and it did download on another computer. I reported it to the ebook publisher then and we never did find out why it happened. Since then, I have not heard of anyone else having this problem, so assumed it was a quirk on my machine. But now you have it.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2006 :  4:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Add me in Yogani. I did have this problem too with the Deep meditation book. It didnt download from Amazon first time then I tried and tried and purchased a new one since the cost of deep meditation is less compared to other books.

I too thought its some Amazon glitch and it is just me.

-Nea
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2006 :  7:26:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Does the ebook "Easy lessons for ecstatic living" have stuff the paper book doesn't have?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2006 :  9:51:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Etherfish:

The paperbacks and ebooks for all the AYP books are the same. Of course, each has its inherent advantages and disadvantages unique to the medium. But the content is the same.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2006 :  11:03:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the note back from the ebook publisher, Lightning Source, on the problem:
---------------------

Hi Yogani,
We will work with Amazon through this issue. This could fail for a number of reasons - incorrect reader, reader not activated, etc.

Thank you.
---------------------

I also informed them of your problem downloading Deep Meditation, Near.

Thanks for your patience.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2006 :  4:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've not had a problem with the Meditation ebook, other than it's extra hard to judge that book by its cover!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2006 :  5:34:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yoda:

Hopefully the book is better than the cover.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2006 :  8:21:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely!
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2006 :  11:37:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Adobe Reader 7.0 worked fine for downloading Deep Meditation this morning. In my opinion, the great advantage of the ebook format is added searchability. Fast, free delivery is a plus too.

Bewell
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2007 :  09:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000