Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 AYP Tantra book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wallly

Spain
1 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  06:18:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

I have a couple of questions regarding this book. Firstly, how much of this book is covered in "Easy Lessons.." Vols. 1 & 2? Is it worthwhile buying the Tantra book in addition to these 2? And, I'm looking to buy this book to read with my partner so was wondering how male-centric it might be and whether there is enough exercises for her to practice too?

Thanks,

Ben

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  08:20:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ben:

Essentially all of what is in the Tantra book is in AYP Easy Lessons Vol 1. Since much of AYP Easy Lessons Vol 2 was written after the Tantra book, there is additional material on tantra there. If you get AYP Easy Lessons Vols 1&2, whether or not you obtain the Tantra book too is more a matter of convenience. It is 100 pages that fits in a pocket, while Vols 1&2 are 1000 pages to lug around. Of course using the ebook editions with a slim e-reader will level the playing field on that.

It should also be mentioned that you get all the rest of AYP in Vols 1&2, which is important for effective tantra. One way or another, accessing instructions on deep meditation, spinal breathing, etc., will be necessary to get the most out of tantric sexual techniques.

As for the AYP tantra writings being male-centric, they were written by a male, but with a sensitivity for the interrelationship of both sexes in the process of human spiritual transformation. The underlying principles for men and women are the same -- preservation and cultivation of sexual energy. And there is ample attention given to techniques that the woman can use in both solo and partner practice. Do the AYP tantra writings succeed in achieving a balance? I believe so. But better for women who are familiar with the writings to respond on that.

Wishing you and your partner all the best on your path. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - May 11 2011 :  07:20:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I too had the same thought recently and wondered if the lessons were too "male centric" but realised that indeed they are both applicable for male *and* female - the aim is the same for both.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 11 2011 :  1:11:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: For those interested in broader reading on tantric sex, see this list, which includes a number of female authors: http://www.aypsite.org/booklist13.html

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000