Enlightenment Milestones
 enlightenment ..very funny
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  2:12:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

I don't post too often these days.

I have given up looking for enlightenment because I really don't think I would know it if it stood up and punched me in the face.

Instead it seems to me better just to support those who are seeking it.

I can't talk about 'the journey' because it assumes I know/have travelled it. Well I haven't,instead I can watch from the starting line and cheer everyone else on, wherever they are heading, and I'm quite happy with that.

One thing I do know is that I handle things and situations in a better way than some time past. That's not my belief actually, but it is the opinion of my wife so must have some truth to it, although I maintain nothing has changed.

Inner silence? I don't really get it. Although I notice that sometimes I need to act angry instead of being angry. I do it so well that sometimes I can convince myself that I was really angry.

I don't really talk about AYP anymore, there isn't anything to tell. Nothing of any consequence happens during my meditations and neither do I expect it to. I am, after all, only sitting with my eyes closed inwardly whispering a mantra, deep inside, somewhere far off.

If I miss a session it's no big deal because nothing is happening and so I do miss the odd session when other demands enter.

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  12:53:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

I don't post too often these days.

I have given up looking for enlightenment because I really don't think I would know it if it stood up and punched me in the face.

Instead it seems to me better just to support those who are seeking it.

I can't talk about 'the journey' because it assumes I know/have travelled it. Well I haven't,instead I can watch from the starting line and cheer everyone else on, wherever they are heading, and I'm quite happy with that.

One thing I do know is that I handle things and situations in a better way than some time past. That's not my belief actually, but it is the opinion of my wife so must have some truth to it, although I maintain nothing has changed.

Inner silence? I don't really get it. Although I notice that sometimes I need to act angry instead of being angry. I do it so well that sometimes I can convince myself that I was really angry.

I don't really talk about AYP anymore, there isn't anything to tell. Nothing of any consequence happens during my meditations and neither do I expect it to. I am, after all, only sitting with my eyes closed inwardly whispering a mantra, deep inside, somewhere far off.

If I miss a session it's no big deal because nothing is happening and so I do miss the odd session when other demands enter.

Karl,

you are a beautiful human being.

It's ok if nothing much has been happening for a while.. it is not
for us to name the time or the season for anything.

That you keep practicing speaks highly of your character.

That you cheer others on speaks highly of your character.

Karl,

you don't need "enlightenment" right out of the gate.. enlightenment
is just a word that causes pain and division. The word itself is
pure garbage.

Big stupid old me, dog that jumps on people and insists on sharing
too much, wants very badly to share with you.

I want you to feel the joy that you are EASILY capable of feeling.

Your mantra means nothing to you? No problem.

Others would say to beat a dead horse for decades and it will just
magicaly "work out". Well that is sometimes true.

Here is what I recommend for you:

Take some gentle walks just as the sun is going down. Look at the
beauty of the sun scattering soft rays across the clouds.

Keep walking a bit more.

Notice that your breath may not be helpful to you... notice that
when you exhale for twice as long as you inhale, that your
appreciation of the sun gently kissing the earth feels more
beautiful.

Keep walking a bit more.

As the stars start to show, and the moon is a silvery crescent
in the sky, notice the beauty. Feel the beauty inside of you.
Make a gentle intention, that the beauty you see with your eyes,
will become part of your body. Do not force it; but it will come
into you.

Keep walking a bit more.

If you are near a park, like I am when I walk, notice the
beautiful trees. Notice that your breath is now twice as
long on the exhale than on the inhale. Notice the beauty
of the park.

Walk gently, without any expectations. Remember back to when you
were a child.. before the world got all difficult.. and remember
the grace that filled you.. the ease of it all..

Feel the beauty within you.. feel it gently kiss the cells within
your body. This beauty is YOU Karl, you are kissing Karl. Karl is
the beauty.. the beauty is Karl.

As thoughts and concerns come your way, about any subject,
realize that those noisy old thoughts are not you.. don't
force it.. don't try to be mystical..

Just realize that those feelings of beauty within you, are 100
times more real and precious than any old mind noise.

Keep walking a bit.. perhaps heading for home..

Emotionally intend, to feel anything that you might feel,
that sparkles of beauty seveal feet below your feet...
deep inside the good Earth.

Without any imagination.. without any effort, you may
very well feel the thrum of the living Earth..it tickles
your feet and kisses them. It is not imagination.
It is a very real power. You may feel astonishment,
that 'this' is all real. Let the joy wash over you.

As you walk, without trying anyting.. as you exhale twice
as long as you inhale, slow and certain.. notice that there
may be tension in the belly.. most people carry some there..
and it will absolutely block all spiritual progress..
until you love yourself absolutely, with no reservations
or expectations or fears..

Take that energy from the gently thrumming Earth,
and love it with all your innocent desire.
Let the blockage in your stomache area be bathed
by the grounding love of the Earth herself. Do not
seek to hold it. Do not seek to maniuplate it or
understand it. Just let your hopes and fears and
RESIGNATION be gently kissed by the thrumming power.
Do not try.. or obsess.. just do it for 60 seconds per
walk.. when you feel the most beauty.

Ya know what my friend? If you take a few walks like
this, nothing might change at all. But don't count on it.

If I had to risk perceiving it incorrectly, I would say
that the mantra means nothing to you... so there is no
seed to trigger the release of what keeps you unchanged.

Beauty is the ultimate bandha. The ony true mantra.
I am not saying that the AYP method does not work..
it most certainly does for a great many people..
when it doesn't work, it's because people fail to find
beauty in the mantra.

But beauty bandha (this is a fraction of it), can help
some folks who otherwise won't be helped by
"standard" mantras.

Would you deeply honor me by giving this a try?
I very much want you to unfold as far as you wish
to unfold. Give it a try 3 evenings, and if it has no
effect, please come back and post that it did nothing.

Perhaps this is not your time, or your season. But i don't
belive that..if not now.. very soon..

YOU HAVE IT WITHIN YOU TO FEEL MUCH MORE. I PROMISE.

Kind Regards,

Kevin Cann
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  03:07:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I have given up looking for enlightenment

What about Nirvana?

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  06:08:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Manigma...the music band?
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  08:04:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

Manigma...the music band?

Yes, the band of Buddha.

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  1:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

quote:
I have given up looking for enlightenment

What about Nirvana?

Great band, have every album.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  1:56:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thank you for your words

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 07 2011 :  02:09:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Buddha had a great musical band ..very avant guardiste
me too have all their albums but i dont listen to them any more!!! ..lol...too noisy now for me
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 07 2011 :  04:59:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If Samadhi is being like a motionless flame of a candle.

Nirvana is extinguishing of that flame.

The energy that is wasted in thoughts and other things... begins to gather up within and a tremendous mass is generated at the centre.

The process is so speedy that one is surprised how quickly and naturally one begins to implode and all the karmas, mind, ego, bodies, koshas etc. are burned away.

This is Baptism of fire!

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire. (Matthew 3:11)

This process is not a scenery. Because there is no one left to watch any scenery. The seer and the scenery merge into one.

Beyond words!

The Supernova.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9637

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 07 2011 :  08:04:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

If Samadhi is being like a motionless flame of a candle.

Nirvana is extinguishing of that flame.

The energy that is wasted in thoughts and other things... begins to gather up within and a tremendous mass is generated at the centre.

The process is so speedy that one is surprised how quickly and naturally one begins to implode and all the karmas, mind, ego, bodies, koshas etc. are burned away.

This is Baptism of fire!

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire. (Matthew 3:11)

This process is not a scenery. Because there is no one left to watch any scenery. The seer and the scenery merge into one.

Beyond words!

The Supernova.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9637

A thought, a single point burning in the dark. Burning brighter and brighter, seeking to illuminate the gloom from which it was born. The thought dies in the fire and the fire dies with the thought, perfect symmetry.

There are many thoughts, this one is chosen above all others, is force fed the fuel of it's own desire until it can no longer sustain and explodes so brightly it eclipses all other thoughts for all time.

That's how it seems to me now. My thoughts seem contain no energy, just ghosts, already dead before they were ever born. I am not seeking, because there is nothing to seek. Believe me, there really is nothing except the thoughts.

It seems to me now that I was the crazy one. There is no path, it unravels with every step and enlightenment can only enlighten itself.

What is left is.

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 07 2011 :  09:01:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Believe me, there really is nothing except the thoughts.

Who are you trying to make believe?

Everything and everyone is but an extension of your own thought.

Perfect, as you are.

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 07 2011 :  10:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Believe me, there really is nothing except the thoughts.

Who are you trying to make believe?

who are you asking ?
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  02:11:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
who are you asking ?

To the one who is not what who he thinks he is.

But is.

That!

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  08:39:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
who are you asking ?

To the one who is not what who he thinks he is.

But is.

That!

Do you know who that is ?
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  10:38:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Karl..That is That
nice Bible quote manigma
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  05:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Just as our Universe contains billions of Galaxies... similarly, our Universe is but one of the billions of Universes being born and dying right this moment... infinitely.

But whatever borns and dies (be it men or Universes) is not That.

A Universe is merely a single burst of thought whose source is That's light. And it is the very source which gives you the power to think and ask this question:

Do you know who that is?

Very funny indeed.

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  2:54:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Just as our Universe contains billions of Galaxies... similarly, our Universe is but one of the billions of Universes being born and dying right this moment... infinitely.

But whatever borns and dies (be it men or Universes) is not That.

A Universe is merely a single burst of thought whose source is That's light. And it is the very source which gives you the power to think and ask this question:

Do you know who that is?

Very funny indeed.

No, it was a genuine question based on your personalisation of your question to me.

There is an assumption of you and me. Intellectually you can postulate 'that' or 'God' or any other invisible force or entity. You can engage with this through meditation or prayer.

My question was a thought provoking one. Being aware or believing of 'that' isn't the same as being 'that'.

A knowledge of 'that' is simply a catalyst part of the cutting tools in the spiritual armory.

Knowing 'that' confers no advantage. To think "I am 'that'" has duality. Once you are 'that' then everything merges into one, so there isn't a 'that'. There never really was

So this is where I am. Having thought I had moved a billion light years I find I have not moved by one hairs breadth. So illusion is revealed by the process of creating the illusion and 'That' was an integral part of it, as well as an unspoken/unmanifested truth.

This is why it is funny to methe illusion wasn't something external, it was a thought. It had to be viewed through it's own distortion before it vanished.

For me nothing changed in that moment except the perception of the perception. With it went suffering. The suffering wasn't real. That is why nothing has changed, it has never been any different, I was just dreaming.

So now, what is there left except to cheer on those who are also shrugging the illusion off.

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  12:46:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
So now, what is there left except to cheer on those who are also shrugging the illusion off.

This is also an illusion.

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  03:02:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

This is also an illusion.

It doesn't matter. It is what it is and I am completely at ease with it. The illusion for me was the seperation I had built and nothing to do with what my senses tell me or what my actions are.

All is illusion and so am I. I cannot be seperate from it, call it what you will. For me it is like ice finding it is water, part of the greater and not seperate. If there is illusion then I'm equally part of that.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  08:03:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, first you were having a personal dream, now you are born into a universal dream.

This stage erases all personal sleep and dreams.

I assume you are at this stage? Do you remain conscious 24/7 even when the body rests at night?

This is the stage I call being like a motionless flame. Or stillness dancing. Or action in inaction.

A blissful state... but a dream nonetheless.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000