Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Shortening "Akasha" sutra in samyama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  11:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone

Today I re-added samyama to my routine after a hiatus. I decided to shorten "Akasha - Lightness of Air" to simply "Akasha". I've practiced samyama for a few years, so my thinking is that the mental association of the words has already been established.

Would "Akasha" be any less effective than the full sutra?

Thank you for any input.

Love
cosmic

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  10:01:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

Would "Akasha" be any less effective than the full sutra?

Hang in there, dawg! I'll let you know in a few weeks. So far, it seems okay
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  08:50:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  09:45:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Cosmic

When I did Samyama (can't do it "formally" due to overloading) I used just the word Akasha, no "Lightness of Air" after it (except for the first few months or so of Samyama practice). In my opinion it's all about the "association" that you mentioned in the OP. I feel that once the mental association between the word Akasha and the meaning "Lightness of Air" is instinctual, then it's just as effective to just use the word Akasha. Just my opinion though.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  09:45:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  3:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your feedback, Carson. I value your opinion on this. It's still early for me, but all signs are pointing to --> GO . It seems to bring up much more ecstasy than usual. Lotsa love
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000