AYPsite.org Forum
 Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Gopi Krishna and autism
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  6:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Kev wrote:

"...certain kinds of spiritual geniuses would
inevitably be autistic. I'm 99% certain that Gopi Krishna had autistic genes. (perhaps mainly the positives ones). Look at a lot of the great spiritual figures in history, and you will find
autism, is my analysis."

Before I found my way to AYP, I read Gopi Krishna's book "Living with Kundalini" and I got to know people at the Institute for Consciousness Research who had met him personally. It never occurred to me that Gopi Krishna might have some autistic traits.

Kev, I would like to hear more about specifically what are the autistic traits you see in Gopi Krishna.

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  01:29:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bewell,

When I first mentioned my observation, that Gopi Krishna was proably autistic, or at the very least had the positive autistic genes, but not the negative ones, it sparked quite the interesting conversation with his friends.

Gopi Krisha was famous for saying that an enlightened person only came along every thousand years, and that HE WAS IT (so to everyone else, this felt quite uncomfortable).

You see, despite his extreme genius (and he was an extreme genius..
i've read all 15 of his books and unpublished material), this one
"error" has created great difficulties for the research organizaton
he founded.

So, here are some signs that I wish to point out:

1) An extrme disconnect from how the world actualy thinks, or-
A complate lack of caring about how the world thinks.

2) An incredible ability from birth, to concentrate, without
the least training.

3) An unbelievable confidence; an unbelievable will, even before
kundalini arose. An unlimited desire to excel at ONE THING.
Difficulty in excelling at multiple things, until much later on.

4) A huge problem concentrating in a boring job, that his family
required to LIVE. His wife supported him for years. I say this not
to denigrate the man. You see, he was in the grip of an obsession
(his own consciousenss) that he could not turn away from.

5) GK was a poor student; until he got to explore his one obsession,
higher consciousness, then he blossomed. (autistics are this way)

6) He was very susceptible to certain types of stimualtion and foods.
yes, this is also a kundalini symptom, but it's also an autistic
symptom.

7) Human bodies are evolving over time, to be more suitable for higher
consciousenss (autism is 1 in 150 now).

Say what you want about his one lapse, but GK was a pure genius. He was the
first to pair genetics, evolution, and other sciences wiht Yoga.

Oh- just so you all know; I'm not an elitiest like others;
I am 100% confident maybe even 1 in 100 people could find enlightenment, if they got a bit of clear instruction, and world circumstances were not so anti-yoga in the scientific community.
But that will change over time..

Best Regards,

Kevin Cann

Edited by - kevincann on May 07 2011 1:27:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  3:20:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bewell and Kevin

I followed you people's conversation in another thread as well.

So here's my 2 cents on this.. When I look upon this world, I see two types of creatures broadly and the range inbetween : Left-brained and Right-brained. I believe most of us aware of it. The left brain is the logical,rational and analytical which well suits the world of competition, survival and loving rat race kind of stuff. While the other type prefers intuitive communication, easy life with high thinking. They draw their life from the higher pleasure centres and fail to fit within the roles ascribed by the society. Most of the men who had a strain of "independent and creative" gene fall under this category. viz. their right brain dominates their life though left brain pops now and then to balance their higher faculties of following their dreams and vision.

For someone who has aroused even a little(or more) bit of Sakthi knows that he loses his grounding in the material world atleast for a while before adapting to the situation and always loves to float in air unnwary of details. Slowly when the harder realities of the world befall him, slowly he learns with much struggle to balance the left and right brain activities. For someone who is uninterested in "details"(right-brained) - not sure whether it is a boon or bane - when it comes to higher states of consciousness.

However much of the people have a blend of these both, but I believe more and more evolution occurs when both the spheres of the brain are integrated harmoniously. Most of the yogis have an ocean of creative energy hid behind the veil of their body.. really they are hot springs of cosmic energy which springs from the eternal stillness.. essentially Sakthi loves to ooze through right brain for some reason - neurobiological model I guess.. This is for research and learning for generations to come and put to practice in striking a balance rather than becoming too much right-brained or left-brained.
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  3:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
chit-ananda51,

Extremely well said.

I have been planning on writing some posts on the appropriate use of the rational mind. Contrary to VERY common belief, the rational mind is a wonder, and not our enemy. It has it's place... not as the captain at the wheel of the ship.. that's the role of the right brain..and the silence expressing through it and other biological
aperatures.

Just like it is said, that the heart is the last to fully open (not the crown), in a similar manner, it is the rational mind that is the VERY last thing to blossom. Becoming a spiritual genius is a wondrous thing, and we all need to aspire to this..

But becoming a rational genius, is a very valid and useful thing as well.

In the beginning, the rational mind is the source of all our sorrows.. it locks us into bad habits that clog up the flow of life.

But after one is spiritually hygenic, the rational mind starts to also blossom, more in some and less in others. It is not necessary that everyone be a brain box; that is completely optional.

It is best not to worry about the rational mind; if it eventually
grows brilliant, that is awesome. If it does not, that it also completley awesome. I'd choose someone who gives the world's best
hugs, over nearly any scientist. I'd choose a beautiful poetess
over nearly any scientist. I'd choose someone who does a *wonderful*
job of raising their kids, or teaching *excellent* yoga over nearly
any scientist.

Of course I like being hugged.

Again, very nice post.

-Kevin Cann
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  4:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have had it pointed out, that this discussion of genetics
is not helpful.

Now, this was probably 25% of what was discussed in my prior
tradition. To determine the physiology of "genius", and then
to prove it was the entire goal.

However this type of talk is not helpful in this community,
so I apolologize to the community for bringing this subject up.

Anything that causes divisiveness is to be avoided.

Kind Regards,

Kevin Cann

Edited by - kevincann on May 07 2011 1:28:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  2:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kev,

Thanks for sharing about the traits you see in Gopi Krishna which fit with your experience and understanding of the beneficial side of high functioning autism.

Be
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000