Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Lesson 382 - Very Helpful
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  02:50:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

I have had the view for a few months now, that it is the moving silence which
is the true ecstasy. The moving silence broods where it will, dissolving whatever
it touches. Pure delight is the result of the moving silence. Whether you find it in Ajna or Crown; whether you find it anywhere else in your body; whether you see it leap from you into the world and cause an effect, without doing anything whatsoever; it is the moving silence which inspires total awe in all my flesh and organs.

For a time, I was feeling something was wrong, that ALL the sexual ecstatic feelings
had left my nervous system. So many people are so in love with those feelings, and elevate them to a position in their hopes that is excessive.

Why do I doubt my own inner guru? The message from within, seemed to go against everything I had ever seen published.

Then I read lesson 382. Bingo! Yogani knew what I have only known for a few months
and documented it years ago!

When inner wisdom concurs with someone who has been there before you, now that is a wonderful verification.

I feel such gratitude.

-Kev

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  05:57:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kevincann
The moving silence broods where it will, dissolving whatever
it touches. Pure delight is the result of the moving silence....
For a time, I was feeling something was wrong, that ALL the sexual ecstatic feelings
had left my nervous system. So many people are so in love with those feelings, and elevate them to a position in their hopes that is excessive.

Why do I doubt my own inner guru? The message from within, seemed to go against everything I had ever seen published.

Then I read lesson 382. Bingo!

Hi Kev,

Welcome to AYP! I just re-read 382. Thanks for helping me see the wisdom of that teaching!

Be
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  3:13:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell
Hi Kev,

Welcome to AYP! I just re-read 382. Thanks for helping me see the wisdom of that teaching!

Be

You are the first person to welcome me on the forums; thank you
very much. I don't bite you know! I may nuzzle, but that is harmless. Just wipe off the drool and everything is fine.

-Kev
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  08:46:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kev,

I'm honored to be the first to welcome you.

Like you, I often compare myself to a dog. For me, it is because I like to go on walks. Whenever someone suggests going on a walk, I want to go along. I also think of myself as a well-trained walker dog. Have you ever seen one of those dogs that constantly pulls on the leash? A poorly trained dog can go their whole life pulling the leash and not knowing that it is possible to go on a walk without getting choked! I like to think of a person learning skill in yoga as being like a dog learning to walk in harmony. I would like to sing the praises of a yoga of walking in harmony!

Kev, I noticed a while back that you said you were autistic. I have a godson who is autistic. Actually, I barely have had any interaction with him. His family moved across the country when he was a baby. He is still in grade school. I have learned a little about autism through ongoing discussions with my godson's father. Do you have any advice for me about relating to someone with autism?

Be
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  10:01:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Kev,

I'm honored to be the first to welcome you.

Like you, I often compare myself to a dog. For me, it is because I like to go on walks. Whenever someone suggests going on a walk, I want to go along. I also think of myself as a well-trained walker dog. Have you ever seen one of those dogs that constantly pulls on the leash? A poorly trained dog can go their whole life pulling the leash and not knowing that it is possible to go on a walk without getting choked! I like to think of a person learning skill in yoga as being like a dog learning to walk in harmony. I would like to sing the praises of a yoga of walking in harmony!

Kev, I noticed a while back that you said you were autistic. I have a godson who is autistic. Actually, I barely have had any interaction with him. His family moved across the country when he was a baby. He is still in grade school. I have learned a little about autism through ongoing discussions with my godson's father. Do you have any advice for me about relating to someone with autism?

Be

Be,

I see we will get along well. I'm a dog too. I have foolish,
unlimited devotion. Unlike you, I do bring the leash to my
master and insist on going on walks.. but i'm a good dog :-)
I don't pull on the leash either.

There are books and books of things to understand about a "high functioning autistic person". I always laugh at the "high functioning part" of the description. Its true, but ..

Most autistic people are stubborn as hell. They go their own way.
Most have the finesse of a sledgehammer in a china shop. They need
long periods of time to "decompress" away from the irrational world,
full of irrational people. They may not even consider themselves human. They have to struggle like hell to emulate human behavior. They are often considered to be low on empathy, but high on compassion.

I'd also say, (this having nothing to do with your godson necessarily), that certain kinds of spiritual geniuses would
inevitably be autistic. I'm 99% certain that Gopi Krishna had
autistic genes. (perhaps mainly the positives ones). Look at a
lot of the great spiritual figures in history, and you will find
autism, is my analysis.

I can concentrate on one thing for a lifetime, and in fact I have.
That is the gift of autism. (and the curse)

Best,

Kevin Cann
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  6:32:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kev,

It has been a revealing process thus far getting to know you a bit. Thank you for sharing about autism.

My godson's dad sends me drawings done by my godson: incredibly details of depictions of robotic creatures that look like some blend insects and heavy machinery going about doing their work. He has that gift of focused attention.

I'd like to explore your thesis that Gopi Krishna
autism genes (over on the Gurus and Sages thread).

Be
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  8:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

bewell,

I'd be very happy to participate in any post you wished me to
participate in, on any subject, whether "lofty" or mundane. You
feel very nice to me.

I have some very intersting stories to tell on this subject,
though I do have to use discretion, as they involve a couple people
from my previous tradition.

Be Well!

Kevin Cann
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  02:51:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Like you, I often compare myself to a dog. For me, it is because I like to go on walks. Whenever someone suggests going on a walk, I want to go along. I also think of myself as a well-trained walker dog.

I see we will get along well. I'm a dog too.

It somehow reminded me of this story:

Kahlil Gibran has a story: In a big city there were many dogs, and one dog was a philosopher. Rarely does such a disease happen to dogs, but once in a while, for a change, there are exceptions. He continuously preached from morning till night to every dog, "Because of your barking our whole doghood loses its dignity; otherwise we are the highest animals in the world. Just stop barking unnecessarily."

The dogs were always very thankful for his advice, but said, "What to do? A strange urge arises -- seeing a postman, or a sannyasin, or a policeman, anybody in uniform." Dogs are very much against uniforms. They seem to be very free thinkers. They don't want people to be in a crowd, they want everybody to be individual, themselves.

Everybody respected the philosopher dog. He was thought to be the wisest ever born of their species. He never barked. But one night, a dark night, the other dogs decided, "He has been preaching for years and nobody listens; it makes us so ashamed. At least to give him peace, one night we should try to stop barking -- just for one night. It is going to be difficult, but we will hide in dark corners of streets, in dark groves and keep control. It is only a question of a few hours and in the morning we will be free to bark."

The philosopher went around and he could not meet any dog. He could not believe: "Where have all the dogs disappeared to?" And there was such a silence and nobody for him to teach, and suddenly a great urge to bark arose in him. Now he knew why he was not barking -- because from morning to night, all his energy was involved in teaching; there was no time nor energy to bark. And in front of everybody else how could he bark -- against his own philosophy?

But now there were no other dogs, so the question of preaching was not there. Neither was there any witness that he was barking against his own wisdom. So he walked and barked as much as he could, because it was a lifelong repressed feeling. Nobody had ever heard such barking; he went almost crazy. All the dogs of the city who were hiding here and there slowly, slowly gathered by his side. And when they saw that their philosopher himself was barking there was an explosion: thousands of dogs were barking. And for the first time the philosopher felt his humbleness -- that he too is a dog, and he was unnecessarily harassing others and harassing himself.

Turning In ~ Osho
http://www.oshoworld.com/e-books/se...search_title

Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  05:29:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great story Manigma
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  12:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Manigma,

A BEAUTIFUL STORY.

I was going to post on a related topic, but this story
says it so WELL. At least the way I perceive it, this
is a story about becomiming wrapped up in the dirty rags
known as enlightenment.

Once one 'brands themselves' as enlightened,
then they have to stop living. Each of their
actions will be muttered about. To be a role model,
they think that they must 'freeze themselves'
and forever nit pick everyone.

In effect they have become worthless, both to
themslelves and others. I see it happen far
too often. It seems 1/2 of all spiritual teachers
even, have a corncob up you know where.. all stiff
and full of toxic certainty; squeezing the lif out
of everyone they meet.

I much prefer an enlightened man or woman or child,
who is WILD. Oh sure they are actually quite
"disciplined" in a manner of speaking, but they
are not TAME. They could give a @#$%@$#@$# if
anybody in the entire world sees them as enlightened.

They know that enlightenment is just basic spiritual
hygiene; and yes, amazing things follow, but what is
the most amazing of all, is to be fully free and alive;
kissing nobody's ass in the whole universe.

I really love free beings.. who are absolutely
without fear and are not hungup about any of
the normal baggage.

Love that story. I think i'll save it and print
it out and put it on my wall.

My friend, may I post that story on my blog? Who
would I attribute it to?

-Kevin Cann
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  02:50:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
My friend, may I post that story on my blog? Who
would I attribute it to?

The most extraordinary thing in this world is to be ordinary.
~ Osho

The above story was told by Osho during a live discourse. The link is given under the story.

It reminds me of yet another quote of Nisargadatta:

It is very often so with Americans and Europeans. After a stretch of sadhana they become charged with energy and frantically seek an outlet. They organise communities, become teachers of Yoga, marry, write books -- anything except keeping quiet and turning their energies within, to find the source of the inexhaustible power and learn the art of keeping it under control.

http://www.fixdisease.com/i_am_that.pdf

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  06:30:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lol... very nice dog story..will email it to friends...
i am a cat...miawoooo
Go to Top of Page

senthil

India
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  06:20:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit senthil's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thats a nice quote from Nisargadatta :>

It applies to most yogis around the world...same thing has been happening in India for centuries...so many yoga teachers and babas here.

Thanks for the story and quote, manigma.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000