New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2016 :  11:06:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The last I read about mercury was that it caused cancer so regardless of beliefs best to play it safe and avoid mercury, beliefs are fine and everyone is entitled to them but chemistry is chemistry it works the way it does regardless of belief.

Here is an article to read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_poisoning

Edited by - So-Hi on Feb 28 2016 12:08:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2016 :  12:44:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The best alchemy draws minimally and selectively from the outside, then refines on the inside. Air + Healthy Food + Water + Reproductive Fluids + Digestive Enzymes = Pure Bliss.
Go to Top of Page

samuelsincera

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2016 :  4:53:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://shrifreedom.org/ayurveda/rasa-shastra/

I understand that the claims of the Vedas often seem ridiculous; I have never SEEN anyone consume mercurially derived tonics, although I have met several people who have taken them in the past. Admittedly I have no scientific data to support my claims, however those who are interested in the Vedic perspective may want to check out this link for some light yet informative reading.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2016 :  12:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by samuelsincera
although I have met several people who have taken them in the past.

Mercury is in the category of poisons that are hard to identify as such without the means of modern medical science. That's because it doesn't kill you straight away, but it accumulates in the body and causes bigger and bigger health problems as the levels go up. When these health problems get serious, maybe years later from beginning to consume mercury, how would a person know what the root cause is? That's why the mercury idea floated in the old times. The people who launched it and promoted it centuries ago were doing so in good faith, but they did not have the means to test it. Now we do have the means to test it. Let's give modern medicine credit for what it can do well.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2016 :  2:46:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi to the group,

mercury is poisonous, but yogis and siddhas do not use or consume it the way it is. They detox it and make it solid. Two known and successfull yogis who use mercury are Gurunath and Sadhguru. Gurunath also explains in his Babaji book how mercury is solidified and detoxed to be usable. Sadhguru also reports clearly that his recovery into superb health has been primarily due to the usage of mercury.

As we all know, Shiva knew how to drink poison and transform it into nectar. It is another type of science. A friend of mine has a miniature solidified mercury Shiva linga at home, given by Gurunath. It is energetically connected to the big one in India at his ashram. Another friend, the samadhi boy also has a yet bigger version of it, still a mini-one. It would be interesting to analyse the solidified mercury in regards to physical and chemical properties. Perhaps next year ;)

Other than that, thanks for samuelsincera for the overview. Lengthening the life by pranayama is a classic and most practitioners of this forum may well be experincing it already to the one or other degree. In one bonus chapter of the Pranab gita, Pranabananda writes about his encounter with Babaji and reports from their talk together with Lahiri Mahasaya. He is curious if it is really possible to prolong the life and Babaji answers with yes, but that it requires sadhana.

Peace friends and happy practice :)

Edit:

About mercury and rasa vaidya by Sadhguru: http://isha.sadhguru.org/mystic/rasa-vaidya/

Rare footage from Gurunath's ashram about mercury and ways to purify it by gold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQZxp2TXpNc

Edited by - Holy on Feb 29 2016 3:04:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2016 :  08:29:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Then since we have these samples how about having them tested for toxicity and put to rest one way or another what in modern times appears to be purely insane to even consider.

I am sorry if this upsets anyone's belief system but this is a very dangerous toxic substance being discussed and all the beliefs and so called authorities are coming across as witch doctors with this conversation.

We have the means to verify toxicity or it's opposite and I would love nothing more than for what Holy says to be true but I seriously doubt it is.

Until these people are tested, tested using science and medicine of this modern age then neither these people with their outrageous claims nor the substances they give out should be accepted by any rational person.

Be safe folks not sorry, put in the time on your cushion it will take you where you want to go without poisoning yourself or those around you based on a belief that makes you feel good.

Stand ready to be proven wrong and retract these words but somehow I do not think that is going to happen.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2016 :  09:12:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm with So-Hi on this one.
The great practices the we've been handed over by the sages are validated by modern science. Take meditation - scores of scientific studies have already been done and the results look really good.

A handful of practices some people dreamt up were not such a good idea. Mercury ingestion is one (It may be possible an advance yogi is not harmed so much by mercury. Maybe if the digestive tube works really well not much of the stuff is absorbed into the body. Who knows?) But to take the stuff knowing it's scientifically proven to be a poison... Why take the risk? There are plenty of yoga practices that are safe and can be done to great benefit - they can keep you busy for a lifetime. No need to resort to ingesting poisons.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  4:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In the book "Entering the dragon gate", it is explained how the author took 3 alchemical pills during his years of training, and it was extremely painful to him. He had already achieved a great inner mastery, so probably taking them at low level is a very bad idea.
Go to Top of Page

aguacate

Germany
44 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2017 :  6:50:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A few days after reading this topic I stumbled over this wikipedia article on Siddha medicine: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddha_medicine

Quote:

The treatment should be commenced as early as possible after assessing the course and cause of the disease. Treatment is classified into three categories: devamaruthuvum (Divine method); manuda maruthuvum (rational method); and asura maruthuvum (surgical method). In Divine method, medicines like parpam, Chendooram, guru, kuligai made of mercury, sulfur and pashanams are used.

I'm not a chem expert (Ben reading this?) but was interested in organic chemistry in grammar school.

Hg based reactions are used in organic chemistry for various reactions, one example: http://www.mhhe.com/physsci/chemist...h14-4-6.html

The "mercury made not poisonous" is probably an amalgam:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalgam_(chemistry) --- you need to copy and paste the amalgam link into browser as the forum breaks the link

Edited by - aguacate on Oct 17 2017 02:12:30 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000