New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

showup

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  7:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit showup's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are several dozens of or even hundreds of gurus who have attained this level of perfection in India. Many people assume physical immortality means living in the society forever. No that is wrong...there is a process called Jeevasamadhi...It is the same as the samadhi state that you guys reach in deep meditation exercise during which breath stops and consciousness lost, but done for infinite period of time. That is in that state a mortal human being become immortal. There is no aging what so ever for them because their breath and heart is stopped completely. They can come out of this state at any time if they desire. For example Thirumular is a yogi who lived over 3000 years before permanently reaching jeevasamadhi. He used to be in samadhi state for 1 year (24x7) and come out of it at the end of one year write one poem about yoga and go back to samadhi again...like this he wrote 3000 poems. These poems are available todate. There are several people who attained jeevasamadhi i can quote. Shankaracharyar, Bogar, Veerabrahmendra swamy, Siddhiya (Veerabrahmam's disciple), Cuddapah Sachithanantha Yogisyer, about 12 yogis in the Natha tradition including Goraksha, matsyendranath, Jnaneshvar, Nivritti nath and several others. This list will keep going. The Tibetan Mummy you see here is a Jeevasamadhi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBIS6QAs9Wk

Although he appears to be damaged and deteriorating he is in samadhi state and alive. See this too...

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/inter...n-mummy.html

http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/tra...ummy-t20334/

Edited by - showup on Jul 28 2011 12:01:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  09:29:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you showup for the links and your posts!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2011 :  6:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Thirumular is a yogi who lived over 3000 years before permanently reaching jeevasamadhi. He used to be in samadhi state for 1 year (24x7) and come out of it at the end of one year write one poem about yoga and go back to samadhi again

cool guy
Go to Top of Page

showup

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  11:59:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit showup's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
cool guy

Indeed he is a cool guy. Once when he was walking along, he saw a herd of cows shedding tears. He found out the cause — the cow-herd lay dead. Tirumular wanted to pacify the cows. As he was capable of performing siddhis (because of his yogic powers), he separated his sole from his body and entered the body of the cowherd after safely depositing his own body. The cows rejoiced again. This cowherd was known as Mulan, a resident of Sattanur, TN, India. In the evening, Mulan would normally drive the cows back into the village. Mulan's wife was eagerly expecting the return of her husband. But, when she approached Mulan (who was really Tirumular) that day, he would not allow her to touch him, but said, "Oh lady, I am not your husband". He then left her and went away to a near-by math. The lady complained to the leaders of the place, about the conduct of her husband. They examined him and came to the conclusion that he had attained great spiritual evolution. So, they asked her to leave him alone. The next day, Tirumular followed the cows but could not find his body where he had left it. So, he end up in staying Mulan's body.

Edited by - showup on Jul 29 2011 4:45:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  4:49:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps tantra can extend the human life span -- channelling orgasm up the spine or staying in front of the accustomed spasms
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2011 :  11:59:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah true delta..its like our human body is like computer and we just know how to browse and use the browser only when there are vast knowledge about hardware,software and internet are available..which not everyone knows..its like tapping through spiritual thing and using the body in FULL FUNCTIONALITY a human body can achieve many things and looks like can keep the death at bay too..

love n light
Go to Top of Page

GogetaSwami

India
27 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  09:36:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well there has been a recent claim to be able to alchemically make the Elixer of Life/Philosopher's Stone.

http://bookofaquarius.forgottenbooks.org/read/1
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  11:06:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a dream a while back in which I was a vampire rebirthing from darkness into light. This was after I opened my true heart and chose to be my true self including loving myself.
Go to Top of Page

yogishankar

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2012 :  9:07:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ascension topic was discussed a yogi from India visiting USA recently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascension_(mystical)
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  07:54:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is physical immortality the same as supramentalizing the body? I am not really sure what the Mother Mirra Alfasa meant by that. Also in Autobiography of a yogi, it's said that Lahiri Mahasaya built a light body out of his ashes or something like that, and then went to live to the himalayas. Is this it? Can one supramentalize the body while in a physical form?
Go to Top of Page

KechariConfusion

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  11:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Teet Maharaj is a lesser known immortal.
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  12:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mahabaratara

quote:
Originally posted by nodoubt

Earth is not immortal.

The atoms we are constructed from are.

No, they are not
But 1 followed by many 0 equals eternity for human beings
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - May 31 2015 :  06:23:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
St. German they say is another person who has done this.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2015 :  09:33:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Show me an immortal human body and let me show you how the trick was done

All men are mortal and therefore anyone proven to be immortal is not a man in the first place.

All matter is neither created nor destroyed, it is converted-changes state. Everything is entropic-moving from a higher state of organisation to a lower state. This is true for everything in the universe. Time moves in one direction only. It is possible to seem to cheat death by the mechanism of relativity. Person A (travelling at a velocity approaching the speed of light) can appear to person B (the stationary observer ) to have aged at a much slower rate, but that doesn't break the law of entropy, it's simply an effect. We know of no instances where anything has defied the law of entropy. We can allow ice to turn into water and then re freeze it, but though in essence it has the appearance of the original, it's order and structure are completely different. Something can look like the same thing, without being the same thing.

Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2015 :  1:25:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been doing some reading about "Thoth the atlantean", an ancient Egyptian ruler who tells some of his story in "The Emerald Tablets". He tells how to hold your consciousness at the front of your brain when dying, so that memories are preserved when you reincarnate into your next body. He also tells of finding a way to sustain his physical body for thousands of years, without dying.

It's very mythic but fascinating nonetheless. It makes me curious how becoming "immortal" would be done. I expect one would not be invulnerable but if one could reverse the process of aging or stall it, then one could live for a very long time.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  04:46:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool fire meditation video "showup".

When ever I do, deep breathing meditation. I always feel a warmth spreading in my stomach. It feels nice.
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  9:20:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is physical immortality possible?...no ..not if you believe you die when your body dies...or Yes ...if you believe in energy just transforms into another state...I believe in the latter
Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2016 :  11:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by machart

Is physical immortality possible?...no ..not if you believe you die when your body dies...or Yes ...if you believe in energy just transforms into another state...I believe in the latter

Can't see any logic in this. After death the mass becomes decayed into the earth, so you become earth? How can energy be visualized without some mass possessing it, as energy according to physics is the ability to do work.
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2016 :  06:38:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From a biological perspective, I think it is possible.
It is just about having his repairs capabilities at 100%.

I can imagine a mutation from someone who will have better repairs capabilities, thus extended life and why not someone to 100%.

DNA repair mechanisms exist and are studied to do so (improve them to get close or reach immortality) and I see no reasons why we would not one day have the solution.
I am even pretty sure some people did/found it actually but that it will never be public for obvious reasons.

Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  1:48:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by FakeYogi

quote:
Originally posted by machart

Can't see any logic in this. After death the mass becomes decayed into the earth, so you become earth? How can energy be visualized without some mass possessing it, as energy according to physics is the ability to do work.

I think the idea is that the energy that is you separates from the body at death. The body then decays as it is just a vessel, and you continue on in another form, without a physical body.
Go to Top of Page

samuelsincera

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  6:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, of course it is possible! Read 'Aghori: at the Left hand of God' and the rest of svobodha's works, to know a little more about how it happens.

There are several methods of life-prolongation. The first is through herbs and pranayama. Through that, the body can be made to life 200-400 years. Chinese monks do it all the time. The next method that I know if is through certain preparations of alchemical mercury (by which mercury becomes conscious and capable of miraculous feats); with this method one can live indefinately as long as they continue to imbibe mercury.

The greatest method for attaining immortality is to tap the resevoir of amrit in the lunar nadi, and to keep the nectar in the tounge via kechari. If it is held in the tounge, it will circulate through the rest of the body (think sublingual dose). But the nadis must be very pure, diet must be right, and the mind/ego must be in divya.

These are the methods described in Yogic Lore.

Modern science has recently discovered that by taking total water fasts every other day, mice and primates live 140% of their ordinary lifespan, and have more energy and less disease during that life. So... Yeah, there are diverse ways of living for elongating this precious human life.

P.S.

There is ANOTHER siddhi whereby the yogi, when his body is destined to die, allows the death -- and then, due to his mastery of his subtle body, enters into a suitable corpse (fresh) and revitalize it, to live in it for another lengthy period of time. This can be repeated ad infinitum until human karma is exhausted, then the being is free to progress to rishi-hood, or deva-hood, a good life in patala, or whatever he may desire.
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
110 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  8:03:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting, thanks for the input samuelsincera !

I have what seems like an energy channel going up my left front, within, right past my heart up to my left eye. When I "drink" from this, it seems to rejeuvenate me. Does that sound anything like what you've read/learned about?
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  07:44:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by samuelsincera
The next method that I know if is through certain preparations of alchemical mercury

I understand this is how the first Chinese emperor died. They found lethal levels of mercury in his body when his tomb was excavated. We have inherited great spiritual practices developed over the centuries, but mercury ingestion is not one of them. The substance is toxic to the human body. Using it for spiritual ends was a failed experiment.
Go to Top of Page

samuelsincera

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2016 :  8:25:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have studied much of ayurved and tantra, and can say that while mercury itself is deadly, certain mercury-basedpreperations are capable of bestowing longer life, greater vigor, freedom from mental illness, etc.

Mercury is a mysterious substance. One must know a little of ayurvedic alchemy (rasa shastra) to get an idea of its power.

The main lunar nadi (ida) classically is said to start at the base of the spine and terminate at the left nostril, however your experience is very valid. Activation of ida causes 'cooling' in the body and mind. When your computer is kept cool, does it run faster? Yes. When a mechanical system like the body or a machine overheats, it degrades quicker.

The moon represents soma, where as the sun and its nadi represent agni. Controlling both is necessary for success in Yoga.

Beware messing with the lunar nadi without due guidance; disturbances/overactivity in Ida cancause insanity (lunacy).

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2016 :  06:55:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Samuel

I do not wish to interfere with your beliefs. Let me just say this: if anyone on this forum (or elsewhere) is one day offered a mercury-based preparation "capable of bestowing longer life, greater vigor" etc. worked by an expert alchemist, I very much hope that person will have the prudence to say 'no'.
It was a safety concern that prompted me to write my previous post on this thread and I felt - I still feel - that concern should be communicated. So here it is.

I hope you're enjoying your yoga practice and finding the AYP lessons useful.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000