Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 full body breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

boris

Norway
68 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2011 :  04:24:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit boris's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
any body experienced skin breathing or any other feeling of breathing in energy through body parts while doing deep meditation?

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2011 :  06:33:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's felt here more as energy breathing, as ecstatic waves of energy coming from the outside and hitting the heart area in precise.

But this experience from the outside have happened on few occasions, 80% of the time it's all coming from within...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2011 :  08:30:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mmmm yes I have experienced this on numerous occasions. Breath using the entire body so deeply that it feels that there is not an inch of me that is not the breath. I am all simply breath, prana. One starts to relax so much that I feel like I am about to dissolve, I can not feel the physical boundary of my body anymore, it feels like the oxygen and prana is absorbed by the skin and then that I lose all sensation of skin itself... hmmm I find the experience a little hard to explain perhaps. It is such a beautiful feeling.

I like to often do a body scan during meditation and breathe in and out of each organ, kind of like a little house keeping to keep everyone (my organs) all feeling loved and happy. I find this helps the relaxation process and often precedes the skin breathing.
Go to Top of Page

boris

Norway
68 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  8:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit boris's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kahlia

Mmmm yes I have experienced this on numerous occasions. Breath using the entire body so deeply that it feels that there is not an inch of me that is not the breath. I am all simply breath, prana. One starts to relax so much that I feel like I am about to dissolve, I can not feel the physical boundary of my body anymore, it feels like the oxygen and prana is absorbed by the skin and then that I lose all sensation of skin itself... hmmm I find the experience a little hard to explain perhaps. It is such a beautiful feeling.

I like to often do a body scan during meditation and breathe in and out of each organ, kind of like a little house keeping to keep everyone (my organs) all feeling loved and happy. I find this helps the relaxation process and often precedes the skin breathing.

What practice led you to this kind of full body breathing?
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  11:41:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I started to experience this spontaneously practicing and experimenting with pranayama and mindfulness of breathing meditation. I experienced this for the first time when I was doing an intensive, daily yoga practice and daily meditation.

Edited by - Kahlia on May 06 2011 02:21:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  05:25:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I sometimes experience breathing through the third eye area in DM. I've no idea what causes it, but it feels very curious. But to be honest; I don't pay a lot of attention to it, as my attention is supposed to be on the mantra
Go to Top of Page

Vayu

USA
40 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  1:32:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I sometimes experience this while in meditation too. But this feeling is most prominent near my finger tips and palms. Its as if the nerve endings are "activated" there and it brings an ongoing vibrational effect with very low intensity but high frequency. In other words, there is no visible vibration but I can feel subtle vibrations inside the fingers(and bloodflow probably contributes to this). The vibrations intensify when im breathing(in or out), and dulls when the breath slows down upon complete inhalation and exhalation.

I heard from a video of Siddhanath Yogiraj that yogis have a phrase: wherever the mind goes, prana follows. So this makes me wonder if the process is like this:
Feel an area->nerve endings are activated->nadis at those locations are activated/open->prana begins to flow in that area(causing a feeling of vibration).

I often notice that if I use any hand mudra(gyan mudra, chin mudra, or fingers interlocked) and dont move my hands+fingers for a while, the feeling begins to happen after 5 mins or something. The same thing happens in conventional yoga nidra practices, where the awareness "touches" different parts of the body, and thereby starting vibrational effects in those parts.

Edited by - Vayu on May 06 2011 1:49:57 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000