AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Instant gratification vs belief about purification
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  4:56:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
...Sometimes, something arrives in another language:

Baal Shem Tov perceived a harsh decree issued by Heaven one New Year. He and his close circle offered their most saintly and heart-felt prayers in an effort to avert the impending disaster, but were not succeeding. They extended the prayers beyond their time, but the danger remained. An illiterate shepherd boy entered and was deeply saddened that he could not read those holy prayers. He whispered to God "I don't know how to pray, but I can make the noises of the animals of the field." With deep feeling, he cried out, "Cock-a-doodle-do. God have mercy!" Immediately, joy overcame the Baal Shem Tov, as he saw that the heartfelt prayer of the shepherd boy opened the Gates of Heaven, and the decree was lifted.

We abandon Ourselves to our Hearts in Pure Trust and Faith when facing the Divine.
But when We mediate our mystical Heart with our intellect, it is enough to stop the Heart from opening.

Only when We are absent can our Hearts face the world in Pure Trust and Faith.
Otherwise, it's like standing under the sky with pure open breath,
then trying the same while standing under water, and wondering why something is wrong.

It is a mistake to think that We can face the world in the same way that we face the Divine.
When We are in, our Heart cannot be Pure, we cannot be sure, so we caution it with our intellect.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  10:15:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

What we fight against, we make stronger.
The best way to defeat a passive enemy is to ignore him.
Your body craves stimulation -- great. Find it healthy stimulation. Problem solved.
We make things complicated, to delay doing something about it, because we fear loss.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  9:18:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

a lot of stuff has been written here. And my friend, it is all the one god cheat. The one supreme cheat, so good, so convincingly good. You have no choice. Believing in having a choice is part of the supreme god cheat. No choice my friend. And the biggest element of this god cheat: it is doing like there is you.

The reason why you are not confident with the thought of doing or not doing the right action and making/not making the right choice is because it is not the truth, it is not in your hands. God does like there is you having or not having a choice and at the same time feeling like it is so or not so and there are even xyz things that happen at the same time as well.

That what you want, you state it very clearly, 24/7 is not clarity because that is what you believe within human terms and relative language, but it is 24/7 itself. 24/7 itself is always and also the truth. The whole rest is the god cheat. You can give your best, try everything, but revelation of the god cheat and of god is yeah.. And thats why in the depths the inconfidence remains and that inconfidence is the hint that the best has not been revealed but does exist.

There are people praying. Some say praying is nana. When a prayer happens, a sincere prayer coming from very deep, a prayer of truth, of the end of the god-cheat, then lucky lucky my friend.

In continuity of continuity itself the truth is revealed but the god cheat may come back again. Yeah, first they say maya, after revelation they also say leela.

Maya will become leela for sure. God likes to play in yogic bodies very much, so the practices are all good. But the play is not limited to anything, it is totally unlimited. God will go on cheating you till one day he will stop it.

The cheat is seen through within continuity of awareness. DM is something god uses to create this kind of happening gradually, like you have control over the process ;)

Kirtanman ;)

The god cheat may come back any time. That is why it is also called grace. A living in gods grace.

My friend, the you me-cheat is the biggest one. That's how it goes and it so so refined, even if awareness is continuous, you are still cheated by me =P

The yogic method is very sure and very unfair for me as it eliminates everything that moves into that what always is :( Including this cheaty conversation between us ;)

Many signs and many hints my friend. Not too far away and yet some distance left. Take it easy, the one takes care of itself and if the cheat gets really cheaty, you see... no end in this movement. When continuity cannot be overshadowed by incontinuity, then revelation is getting closer.

When it comes to the last, the final, don't be cheated by movement. Sure, it is not in your hands, but hey, that's how it is. Even movement needs rest =P Some also say shakti to me. But not moving, I am shiva. the bigger part of me is always unmoving, the moving part of me is my play. I really like being you, that's why you are the way you are. No worry about this forver. And even if I make you worry, don't be angry. And when I make you angry, don't be confused. And again I make you confused =P You will never find it in what moves. In that what always is, only in that the best is. Otherwise it would be very unlike me. The best is always, always the best.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000