Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Is wet dream end of my celibacy?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SiddheshS

India
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  12:05:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I tried being a celibate,I'm a virgin,I refrain from masturbation and it's been a quite long and the mantra "Om Aryamayai Namah" helped me a lot.
But last night I had a wet dream and ejaculated in the end which I realized after end of that wet dream.Now I'm really confused about whether I have failed miserably at preserving my celibacy.Now I think that I could not control my thoughts of sexual pleasures which resulted into this wet dream.I can rightfully say that I did not voluntarily indulged in this act,but it just happened and I feel really guilty about this.
Am I really guilty because I really don't want to be slave to all sense pleasures and want to break really from it.Please do help me with this confusion

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  2:51:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SiddheshS

I tried being a celibate,I'm a virgin,I refrain from masturbation and it's been a quite long and the mantra "Om Aryamayai Namah" helped me a lot.

Why are you trying to be a celibate?

Do you meditate?

How old are you?

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  6:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SiddheshS

Don't worry about it at all. The vow of celibacy is all about intent... what you actually chose to do whilst you are awake. You don't have any control over your dreams, so you can't make active choices there. When there is a build up of sexual energy due to celibacy, wet dreams can be normal in the beginning. They don't carry on forever.

Sounds like you are doing really well, so don't lose heart.

Celibacy isn't really about overcoming sensual pleasures, at least not at first. After all, nobody ever became free from something by repressing it. It is really about preserving and cultivating sexual energy so that it can be sublimated in the process of spiritual awakening. Then, as the higher centres begin to open as a result of that awakening, we begin to get a taste of that freedom. So it's a long journey, with many small setbacks happening along the way, and many beautiful steps forward as we open more and more.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

SiddheshS

India
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  11:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@manigma :For further spiritual growth.
I'm 19 year old and no I don't meditate.

@Christi:Thanks a lot,really appreciate the feedback :)
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  06:55:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dear SiddheshS
dont feel guilty...this feeling will make your sexual thoughts more strong
being established in celibacy is the hardest thing that can be done...because the sexual urge was in us since countless lifetimes...Swami Sivavanda says that celibacy is so hard to get ..He says it is like reversing the flow of the Ganges back to Gangotri
so take things easy on yourself....dont judge yourself...and never repress any of your thoughts...just observe them and drop them...
maybe u should start the spinal breathing and the meditation it will help you out...check the main lessons
best of luck
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  4:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SiddheshS

@manigma :For further spiritual growth.
I'm 19 year old and no I don't meditate.

Do you know what is the significance/relation between Shiva Lingam and Shiva's Third eye?

Sexual thoughts can be used to convert sexual energy to spiritual ebergy.

Meditation/Tantra would help develop/balancing this energy.

Do not avoid/ignore it. Use it!

Go to Top of Page

SiddheshS

India
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  09:30:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the advice maheshwari and manigma
Go to Top of Page

Louie

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  1:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I see no reason why you should be ashamed about a wet dream. It is not a failure on your part, it is just a symptom of a nervous system that needs to be purified and opened.

Energy never stays still. It needs to move in one way or another. Sexual energy is the same.

If you are doing the right hand practices (meditation and breath work) the nervous system will gradually open and expand to allow more of that sexual energy to travel up from the sacral chakra and into higher centres of the body.

However, if you are practicing the conservation of sexual energy and are not working to purify the nervous system in other ways then you may sometimes end up in a situation where there is too much energy in groin, and it cannot be moved up the spine, so it has to go out.

In other words, your body used the wet dream to release excess sexual energy that it could not move in other ways. It was an emergency release valve.

It may happen again in the future. Do not beat yourself up over it or be angry at your body. Just be tahnkful that your body has its own intelligence and can regulate itself while you work on purifying the nervous system. As you progress on the right hand practices the energy will flow much more easily through the whole nervous system and wet dreams will no longer happen.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000