Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Problems of energy - excess or blockage
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PranaNewbie

Switzerland
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2011 :  4:08:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello.
I would be thankful if somebody could help me regarding an energy-related problem that has bothered me for years in my meditations. I'm fully aware it sounds quite bizarre or even stupid or made up, but ...it is a real concern and I'm really handicapped by it.

During the normal course of the day (even outside meditations), I feel a pressure inside my head each time I "consciously" close my eyes.

It either starts at the brow level or within a nostril, and then it "goes up" at the top of the skull. It's an electrical or magnetic feeling, as when one puts two "+" poles of two magnets together.

Surprisingly enough, this pain can be transmitted to others by putting my forehead against theirs. It relieves my pain for a while - by apparently transferring something to others. But it created lots of tension in my family, as people grew reluctant to approach me.

Visualising this energy to go down my body made me to run for the loo! So it can be moved.
What helps the most is to stand barefooted in the mud and visualising the flow going through my feet. Not overly handy at the office.

One night, I tried to route the energy through my feet, without realising that I was in my bed : the result was that I couldn't put my feet on the floor for 1-2 minutes the following morning.

Surprisingly enough, "deep meditation" doesn't create as much pain, maybe because I have a repetitive activity (the mantra) instead of something totally static. The production of energy was each time really impressive BTW; my skin was tingling like mad, and I had the feeling to be inside a magnetic matrioshka.

My immediate problem is in relationship with spinal breathing: by breathing from the root to the brow and back, I almost immediately created a pain in the perineum, like a cramp, that lasted for quite a while. Any hint for a solution?

Many thanks in advance.

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2011 :  5:33:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi PranaNewbie!

There recently has been a topic on pains in the head:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9375

Maybe this may help when you when meditating.

http://www.aypsite.org/367.html
http://www.aypsite.org/368.html

Although it is nice being charged up and having tingly skin it shows that you are have excessive kundalini symptoms. You may need more inner silence from deep meditation to iron them out.

Edited by - woosa on Mar 12 2011 5:58:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2011 :  6:12:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Visualising this energy to go down my body made me to run for the loo! So it can be moved."

very coincedental---prananewbie

I typically have this happening to me, so I am glad that you bring it up. The good thing for me is, I can go stand in the mud as I am self employed.

I don't visualize any energy...when I feel this energy it makes me usually go to the loo. I even said it like that less than a few minutes ago. For me this seemed progress because then after the loo, the energy seems gone and makes for more peace....

Excessive kundalini is making me angry, but I think there must be better ways to understand it and deal with it.

Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2011 :  7:44:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sagebrush
...usually go to the loo. I even said it like that less than a few minutes ago.

Sagebrush

Did you use the word "loo"?

Be
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2011 :  7:51:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PranaNewbie

Welcome to the AYP Support Forum.

I have a question of clarification about where you are at in your practice. How often have you done what you call "deep meditation?" Do you mean by that, AYP Deep Meditaiton? This will help us assess where you are at in your process.

Be

Edited by - bewell on Mar 12 2011 7:57:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2011 :  8:56:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2011 :  10:48:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

yes.

Are you from England or something? I mean, is "loo" a word you ordinarily use? Why did you use the word "loo"?

(Sorry, PranaNewbie, to use your thread this way, but I have a perhaps inordinate curiosity about this sort of coincidence.)

Edited by - bewell on Mar 12 2011 10:51:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

PranaNewbie

Switzerland
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  04:03:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all for your answers.

@Bewell

<<How often have you done what you call "deep meditation?" Do you mean by that, AYP Deep Meditaiton?>>

Yes I mean AYP Deep Meditation. I really just started: 3-4 days of practice max., but I'm already impressed by some aspects that differentiate it from other meditations systems. The mantra, typically, seems to "export" the energy and seems to build a chunk of something outside of my body, which alleviates the pain. Each new "I am" is sort-of laid-down onto the previous layer (not sure of my syntax and grammar here, English is not my mother tongue).

AYP Deep Meditation is not the first system I used. I started meditating more than 20 years ago using Silva Mind Control and that type of things.

@woosa
Thanks for the links. Useful indeed.

@sagebrush
Aaaah. That's why I'm so easily angry :-) I do happen to have some access of anger sometimes. Last time I had a real rage, I was in an elevator, and it stopped between two floors. How symbolic :-) I use the stairs since then.

This idea of "excess of kundalini" is completely new to me. I've always heard of people trying to "switch it on" through various techniques, but this is the first time I hear of a pre-existing excess (pre-existing vàv any kundalini practice). I'll carefuly read woosa's links.

Sometimes I have the feeling of having two strong magnets in my nostrils and between my eyebrows, gone wild and behaving like loose canons.

I explore less esoteric avenues also, e.g. trying to avoid coffee and other acid forming substances, which may increase the tensions in various parts of the body.
But I have another hypothesis: acidity creates tension - ok. But what if the opposite was true? Could a source of energy have an impact on acidity, the way a battery is "recharged" using my flat's outlet? I other words, could something like a badly developed kundalini increase my body's acidity?

Thanks again for all kind answers.
PNN
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  05:02:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by PranaNewbie

Yes I mean AYP Deep Meditation. I really just started: 3-4 days of practice max., but I'm already impressed by some aspects that differentiate it from other meditations systems. The mantra, typically, seems to "export" the energy and seems to build a chunk of something outside of my body, which alleviates the pain. Each new "I am" is sort-of laid-down onto the previous layer (not sure of my syntax and grammar here, English is not my mother tongue).

AYP Deep Meditation is not the first system I used. I started meditating more than 20 years ago using Silva Mind Control and that type of things.

PranaNewbie

Thanks for saying a little more about your practice history. I am not at all familiar with Silva Mind Control, but I have been doing AYP Deep Meditation for years, so I will comment on how that method relates to energy experiences.

We regard various energy experiences as scenery along the journey. We let it pass by without getting attached to it. The discipline that leads to growth is a stable practice of twice daily DM. As we cultivate inner silence, we are able to skillfully let go of particular energy experiences. The idea or sense that the mantra is building "chunks of something" is a thought -- let it go with other thoughts.

I suggest you reread the Main Lesson on Deep Meditation, and try to follow the instructions as best you are able. Be gentle, kind, and loving with yourself, and keep the practices as easy as possible.

Have a good day!

Be

Go to Top of Page

PranaNewbie

Switzerland
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  05:36:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell

I suggest you reread the Main Lesson on Deep Meditation, and try to follow the instructions as best you are able. Be gentle, kind, and loving with yourself, and keep the practices as easy as possible.

Many thanks, Bewell.
I started by reading the e-book on Deep Meditation; I'll read the lessons also, since it looks there is additional material.

Question: I already meditate 20' twice a day. Should I wait a bit before starting spinal breathing, or will the problem at the perineum be solved through DM?
PNN
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  10:23:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well-

Prananewbie, I don't mean to interupt your question either. I had posted because of what you had typed an how it relates similar to somwthing I had just gone thru.

I don't use the word loo, but I know of it. Yesterday, I am visiting with my mom, my sister and her partner. My sister and her partner were heading back to Indiana and I felt like an arousal feeling, which is familiar and then I said let me say goodbye and gave them both a hug and said in a jesting matter that I had to go to the loo.

My grandad was from Epson. Maybe they talked of the loo.

But, after I had used the bathroom....I had come back in my room to read and saw this post from Prananewbie....
and I was like hey......

Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  10:42:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Should I wait a bit before starting spinal breathing, or will the problem at the perineum be solved through DM?
PNN

Here is where self-pacing comes in. You have to discover what helps you to stay in a consistent practice with your 2 times daily DM.

What was the problem with the perineum again? Did it happen again today? If so, specifically what happened. Try not using a charged word like "pain" to describe exactly what you felt.

Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  10:53:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
...said in a jesting matter that I had to go to the loo.

...I had come back in my room to read and saw this post from Prananewbie....
and I was like hey......

That's pretty uncanny. Kind of funny too. This is just my way of sorting it out when this sort of thing happens to me, but it seems to me pretty clear that you are experiencing sensitivity to signals traveling in the air, or ether, or causal body, or where-ever telepathic/psi signals come from. It is oddly both common, but still surprising. I had that hunch about you already when it seemed there was something uncanny in your way of perceiving. This is just a more clear example.

For me this sort of thing can be disconcerting, but my DM practice and the inner silence that comes with it has helped to let the psi signals pass as scenery. It is a good thing in that is it part of rising intuitive capacities, and as such, can actually help with being able to anticipate skillfully what is coming around the corner.

Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  11:24:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have more to say, but it is a good idea that I take myself somewhere else for a while and make sure what I have to say would look like something Ghandi wrote:
Recall the faces of the poorest and themost helpless man you have ever seen and aske yourself if the next step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him. Will he be able to gain anything by it? Will it restore him to control over his own life and destiny?

(Run each act you perform thru this)

I may try this freqwuently in my daily life- and that doesn't necessarily mean that on another page someone is going to be doing the same. And then from there, I may get angry, but have to know taht I am not in control of them, just me.and then with control, I guess I really just get to witness and deal with all of it.
Go to Top of Page

PranaNewbie

Switzerland
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  11:31:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell
What was the problem with the perineum again? Did it happen again today? If so, specifically what happened. Try not using a charged word like "pain" to describe exactly what you felt.

In this case, let's say that I had a headache at the perineum
It came when I "went down from the brow to the root on exhalation": after 1-2 minutes, a type-of tension, like a cramp was created at the perineum. It subsists today, although partially only.
I didn't practice Spinal Breathing today.

Some encouraging signs however: after reading lessons 69 and 367 about over-sensitive meditators and premature kundalini, I decided to go for a 20' deep meditation in spite of a strong headache, which strongly decreased. Looks the headache was transformed into tingling

Those two lessons gave interesting hints. I'm frantically lazy, so the problem could be of imbalance physical vs. spiritual. Some lack of discipline at the general lifestyle level also (food etc.)

Another question, however. One of those two lessons indicates that the active part (Shakti) awakens and goes all the way up, while Shiva is busy sleeping, which creates problems. Well, in my case, it may be the opposite.
Chakra healers told me that my crown chakra was (maybe partially) open, reason for which I felt such bliss and spiritual longing sometimes. On the other hand, one of the tricks I used in the past to get rid of those headaches was to put my tongue against the palate to have the energy "going down": it frequently worked, but the feeling was like putting my tongue against a little electrical battery. So the direction of the flow may not be consistent with a premature kundalini. Complicated.

A last thing: Deep meditation using a mantra doesn't cause problems. Meditating using breath (the alternative mentioned in Lesson 69) as the object of meditation does : I have the feeling of absorbing too much energy and I have stop after a while ...and to take a pill.
So the solution of the mantra was more than a welcome one.

PNN
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  1:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I decided to go for a 20' deep meditation in spite of a strong headache, which strongly decreased. Looks the headache was transformed into tingling

Very cool. Everything shifts and changes. With DM practice over time, we develop the perspective of witnessing it from a very patient, non-anxious perspective. I don't worry about labeling what is happening in the flow of energy (whether something might be premature (or mature?) partial or full). In my process I like to return to a sense that it is all ok. Even the sharp pain I felt in my neck periodically over the years has become in my mind a great opportunity to learn about my posture, my energy flow, and methods of strengthening and flexibility that suit my body. With rising inner silence, it is all ok, grounded in peace.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  1:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
...Ghandi wrote:
Recall the faces of the poorest and themost helpless man you have ever seen and aske yourself if the next step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him. Will he be able to gain anything by it? Will it restore him to control over his own life and destiny?
(Run each act you perform thru this)

Ghandi invites us all to practice truth and nonviolence. I like that you point out that you are not in control of others. That statement by Ghandi was directed to government officials, policy makers.

I found this article which offers a larger context for his statement:

"We have to make truth and nonviolence, not matters for mere individual practice, but for practice by groups and communities and nations. That at any rate is my dream. I shall live and die in trying to realize it. My faith helps me to discover new truth every day. Ahimsa is the attribute of the soul, and therefore to be practiced by everybody in all affairs of life."

This statement of Gandhi, read along with two other brief messages he gave, one to a journalist and the other to his disciples in the government, reveal the essential Gandhi. To the journalist he said, "My life is my message". To the new rulers of India he gave this unfailing advice:

"Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man whom you may have seen, and ask yourself if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him. Will he gain anything by it? Will it restore him to a control over his own destiny?

In other words, will it lead to Swaraj for the hungry and spiritually starving millions?"

Edited by - bewell on Mar 13 2011 1:56:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  6:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi PranaNewbie,

If you are experiencing pain at the perineum with Spinal Breathing, then leave it out for now. It does sound like you have a partially open crown, and a prematurely active kundalini, so do plenty of grounding work. With kundalini, energy can go down as well as up (and usually does). It is all shakti. When you are ready, Siva comes in the form of peace and silence and then the energy is transformed from pain into ecstasy. But the work of purification has to come first and that takes time.

If you have no problems with 20 mins of Deep Meditation twice a day then keep that up. But if you experience headaches or other discomfort then you may have to cut back to 10 mins twice a day.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

PranaNewbie

Switzerland
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  09:46:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi
Hi PranaNewbie,
If you are experiencing pain at the perineum with Spinal Breathing, then leave it out for now. It does sound like you have a partially open crown, and a prematurely active kundalini, so do plenty of grounding work.

Many thanks, Christi. Grounding has always been my problem indeed. In case you give some credence to astrology, I'm a Sagittarius asc. Leo - two signs of Fire, and I'm afraid it shows. I've looked for a way to ground myself for years. Gardening helped me a bit (barefooted), but it's a temporary solution obviously. Sport may be a solution, but it seems to increase the level of energy also, which defeats the purpose. So any hint would be welcome.
quote:

If you have no problems with 20 mins of Deep Meditation twice a day then keep that up. But if you experience headaches or other discomfort then you may have to cut back to 10 mins twice a day.

20' minutes seem ok.
Now something bizarre I forgot to mention: those tensions in the forehead or at the top of the head act sometimes like a soporific. I noticed that I am getting drowsy when I generate the tension by closing the eyes e.g. (which I don't do for fun ...anymore). I could induce sleep by doing so, and since I am not in a position to sleep during the day, here comes the headache.
Could this be relevant or indicative of something?

Thanks again for your help.
PNN

Edited by - PranaNewbie on Mar 14 2011 10:41:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  10:47:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Prananewbie,

Yes, sport will tend to activate kundalini energy, whereas slow active work will be more grounding (such as gardening and cleaning).

What you are experiencing at the ajna and sahasrara (forehead and top of the head), are normal symptoms of chakra activation. Both of these higher chakras can put you in a trance state if you focus your attention on them, but if you are not yet ready for the energetic after-effects they can both leave you with a splitting headache, or worse... so best to avoid them for the time being. You will know when it is time to go there later on.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  5:57:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do beleive that your symptoms are because of faulty practice carried over from previous meditation disciplines.
You may need to invest more in grounding and short sessions of deep meditation.
There are other methods apart gardening and jogging, or taking hot showers, you can try some light yoga, taichi and other taoist practices. Be careful do the practices correctly though so as to not cause you more problems than you have already.
You basically need to wash off excess energy down towards the Earth.
In the worst case, you can resort to Energy Healing practices and as a last resort if nothing else works, a TCM (traditional Chinese medicine) doctor.
Best of luck,
Chris.
======

Edited by - Chrisk on Mar 20 2011 09:54:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  11:40:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another folk on this list also mentioned massage as grounding experience at least temporarily. Feel free to experiment with that also (not the sensual kind though - it is nonsense).
Chris.

Edited by - Chrisk on Mar 20 2011 09:56:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

PranaNewbie

Switzerland
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  3:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisk
I do beleive that your symptoms are because of faulty practice carried over from previous meditation disciplines. I am aware of Silva method which i also explored many years back.

Thanks Chrisk,
In order to prevent any misunderstanding, I'd like to point out that I mentioned the Silva method just to indicate that I had used other systems of meditation before adopting AYP's DM.
I already had those symptoms before I learned the Silva method, so they are in no way related to it.
PNN
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  09:09:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you' ve been sick from the past in this way and main stream doctors couldnt find any way to help you with your symptoms, or dont recognise any know disease that may be causing your anxiety, then only last resort you have is a TCM (Traditional Chinese medicine) doctor. They should help you from the energetic side of things. Walking also i see you tried it which is good.
Anyway, it' s a long process clearing energy disturbances, make sure you are in for practicing for the long run, you may have to stick to it for months and even years and generally find first what works best for you and then continue with that.
Make sure you have absolutely perfect form in your practices, generally they are safe, but yoga/ taoist arts can have bad consequences if practiced wrongly and even worsen things by a lot than what you have now. So better have some skilled professional practitioner on your side, who knows and can direct you correctly, as well as help if something goes wrong.
Good luck,
Chris.
======

Edited by - Chrisk on Mar 20 2011 09:59:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

psychicexplorer

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  10:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit psychicexplorer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have found that when I have excess energy sensations that by focusing on the hara or belly center it is almost as if that center absorbs the excess energy. Maybe that might work for you too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000