Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Kechari, Long soft pallet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  2:01:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
It seems that I either have a really long soft pallet of absolutely no flexibility in my tongue. When in Kechari 1 the distance to the Uvulva is about an inch if not more.

After some fairly aggresive snipping, there is barely any frenum left. In fact when I try to go into Kechari 2 I no longer feel any frenum resistance.

My tongue as long as I can tell is average length. I can touch the tip of my tongue to the tip of my nose:) So, not really thinking this is the issue...

Has anyone else had a similar problem of a long soft pallet? Where you able to overcome? Just not sure if I should continue stretchign and cutting.

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  2:09:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi wakeupneo

I have the exact same situation as you. Long tongue, no frenulum left and still completely unable to get into Kechari 2, 3, and 4 without pushing the tongue behind the uvula with the fingers. I think this is just how it is for some of us. I can go all the way to stage 4 quite easily, but I can not get into even stage 2 without using my fingers to push the tongue backwards.

Wish I had some suggestions, but I don't. Likely just going to have to continue to push it back with the fingers I think. Hopefully I am wrong.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  2:19:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Carson...

Have you ceased snipping, lengthening, trying?

j
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  2:27:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wakeupneo

Have you ceased snipping, lengthening, trying?

Yup. There is basically nothing left to snip and I'm not actively stretching anymore either. At this point I am only using Kechari stage one during SBP and I basically get the same effects I do from the higher stages. That's just me though.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  6:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Carson...

Starting to think my efforts/energy might be better suited elsewhere

Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  7:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
While on the topic...

The last cut was pretty aggressive, more aggressive then i would have liked it to be. I was kinda hurried and well... afterwords i was like YIKES!

But since that last cut there is a flap under my tongue connected to the bottom of my mouth. It's kinda hanging there and it's a bit irritating. It's been kinda invasive and I can constantly feel it, especially when i talk(seems like it have a slight lisp) ---which has kinda even made me a bit self-conscious when i talk.

I know people have said that this tissue will dissolve... is this the case? I was actually considering cutting off the excess.

Let this be a cautionary tale to any gung-ho yogis/yoginis out there... slow and steady my friends.
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  10:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are happy with where you're at ... is kechari mudra that important?
Go to Top of Page

Asvinas

Australia
9 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  09:09:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I was happy, long before I even considered doing Khechari Mudra. Since then, it has added a whole new dimension to my life. If you can have the best of both worlds instead of one, why not?

And yes, slow and steady is important. I have to be careful not to strain the tongue too much otherwise it could result in a very sore tongue that can take some time to heal.

If you can easily raise the back and the middle of the tongue to just behind the uvula, then stage 2 is very very close. There is a trick to it. A combination of breathing in deeply, while tilting the tongue to the groove on either side of the throat and following it upwards would work very well. Otherwise, you can use your hands to assist.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000