AYPsite.org Forum
 Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Scott Kiloby -- "Clearest teacher" in S. Indiana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  11:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All:

I had never heard about Kiloby (correction: I did hear of him, but I had not paid much attention) before last night when I followed links from Kirtanman's quotation here:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9302 I came across his interview with somebody named Rick Archer in a video tilted "Buddah and the Gas Pump" here:
http://www.kiloby.com/videos.php

I listened to the whole 1hr 50min interview and found that it got very interesting at about 1 hr 35 minutes -- Where Kiloby is talking about the issue of dishonesty (what we call non-relational self-inquiry) and Archer's difficulty of finding common ground with Neo-Advanta speak -- and after the Archer's "cup of tea" at 1:40 where Kiloby talks this way:

"There are often some personal psychological reasons why people hang out with certain viewpoints... (desire for an absolute to hang on to, some certainty) (they are comfortable saying) outside of thought there is no problem... (but then if they ask) what if I started to entertain some stories? What might happen here? I might go back to the old seeking. (I ask them to) "Look at all of these others that you are actually shadowboxing. (I observe) "You are comfortable with no-self... (but what if you were to admit that) I'm a person my name is Joe, I have this story? Very few do I find people who are open to go there." Kiloby

Be

Edited by - bewell on Feb 21 2011 11:22:17 AM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000