Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 David Spero
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  2:52:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been reading this guy's writings http://www.davidspero.org/ and he seems very interesting. Extremely intelligent and well versed in the stages of the awakening process.

Recommend checking out his website, I've found it really interesting.

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  10:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mr Anderson!

Read this essay from David Spero and let me know what you think of it.

http://www.davidspero.org/teachings/jesus.html

Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  10:16:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mr_anderson

I've been reading this guy's writings .

I like this poem:

http://www.davidspero.org/poetry/voice.html
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  11:07:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I like this poem:

http://www.davidspero.org/poetry/voice.html

I really enjoy the background pictures he uses for all his poetry.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  11:20:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hey Machart, I read that article on the Christian left, and the simulataneous cricitism of psychiatry's "if you aren't feeling great, we'll find a drug for you" attitude. I think it's a well-voiced criticism.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  12:16:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love the Autobiography:-), thank you for sharing.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  6:38:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mr_anderson

hey Machart, I read that article on the Christian left, and the simulataneous cricitism of psychiatry's "if you aren't feeling great, we'll find a drug for you" attitude. I think it's a well-voiced criticism.

Thanks for taking the time to answer mr anderson!

My main concern was his last paragraph...

My son went through some depression in high school and was on Prozac for a few months. Prozac seemed to work and he is fine now...but David Spero making a blanket statement that all anti-depressants should be thrown in the toilet...did not seem right to me.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2010 :  7:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice website. I enjoyed checking it out and reading the autobiography too.

Thanks.

Love
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  12:42:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
glad everyone has enjoyed! I liked the autiobiography too.
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2010 :  4:05:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome link, thank you mr. anderson. I really liked this:

"There are so many layers upon layers of conditioning that have to be, first of all, seen and acknowledged, and then released. And the last sheath is the very one who is meditating; the very identity that believes it is practicing meditation."

Amazing.
Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  6:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Having been fortunate enough to been in his physical presence, the energy of this man was nearly overwhelming. During the meditation I actually had to keep my eyes open and focus on the soles of my feet in an attempt to ground myself as the energy was rushing to my head and it felt like i might have an aneurysm

Be is a beautiful teacher... Never been around an energetic presence like that before. energetic presence and enlightenment aren't necessarily synonomous though, for what it's worth.

David doesn't have any systematic practice. It's more or less going to satsang/webcast and absorbing his energy, letting the energy do the work.

Edited by - wakeupneo on Jan 10 2011 6:41:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  11:29:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for that wakeupneo. That's really interesting. I'm planning to go and see him at some point, that encourages me.
Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  7:47:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mr. A,

He does live satsang broadcast online on Wednesday evenings... it's interactive and you can ask him questions and communicate with him.

j
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  2:13:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks wakeupneo, will check that out actually. I'll check it out next wednesday.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000