Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Film -Revolver
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  1:56:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Wondered if anyone had watched the Guy Ritchie film revolver?

Not wanting to spoil it for anyone, very interesting and I would prefer to hear everyone elses understanding because it is quite profound and fits exactly (in a storybook way) as enlightenment.

It confounded critics at the time and polarised audiences. The line " we only want to help you because we are you " should give a clue. Worth a watch if you haven't seen it. Gangsters and enlightenment

Edited by - karl on Feb 17 2011 2:00:46 PM

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  1:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have and I thought it was terrible!

Ray Liotta crying and murmering in his underpants was a bit perplexing!
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  4:02:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen this film a couple of times, Karl.

The second times year after the first, after being a bit more exposed to meditation practice and material on reality and growth. Needless to say I appreciated it a hell of a lot more the second time around. My brother also.

Notable is that some people critique it, unable to understood the ending section.. or, even more notable, one person I know to have described that section as 'scary' as well as confusing.

Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  4:13:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will have another look at it.

I saw it a few years ago, and after a few drinks!

But Ray Liotta in his underpants, frothing at the mouth!? Come on! Times have changed since Goodfellas!

Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  4:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha.. I won't deny it.
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  5:00:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have yet to see this film. I did google for it and watched a couple of minutes of the movie.

Sometimes I am wondering if this is some sort of homeopathic medicinal remedies recommending films like this.

When I watch a film things like documentaries from nature is where I would want to spend my time. Watching the phenomenon of frazil ice(yosemite) is my latest WOW!

So what is up with AYP movie critics? Do you come out of meditation for an appetite of crime and crazy obsessions?

OR is it OK to just have a variety of genre preferences?
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  6:34:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha I have to balance out the niceness from meditation with crime and ultra-violence in film!

I can't be walking around happy; I live in Britain!
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2012 :  04:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Watched this again the other night. I think its even better now. "When the time was right we were always going to take you with us, you just weren't ready " .....when the fruit is ripe.......

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2012 :  06:39:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
=) I found it hilarious and very, very intelligently made! I think it's a superb film that is both enlightened, lots of humour and a smart "backward" revealing plot. Thanks for mentioning it. I might see it again!
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2012 :  10:37:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That movie owned me for a weak. Self inquiry deluxe, really intense effects. The movie was superb in that regard and everything is really for the end part =P This was some years ago ^^
Go to Top of Page

DAPA

Sweden
30 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2012 :  9:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I saw the movie and did relate it to enlightenment, I didn't understand all of it but after reading some opinions and interpretations it made a lot more sense so I saw it a second time and I enjoyed it a lot more. What I needed to understand was that the different characters each represent a particular characteristic of the ego. A bit obvious perhaps but sometimes the most obvious is the easiest to miss :) I think that this is exactly the type of movie that can be watched a few times over because you are likely to discover something you didn't pick up on the first time.
Go to Top of Page

Sudeep

India
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2013 :  08:03:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After reading this thread, I saw this movie. Somehow, I was not fully able grasp the story telling sequences and characters. I think I need to see it again. But if anyone of you are able to decode this fully, please share your version.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000