New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  1:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jack

It isn't necessary to revisit every painful memory from the past. To me, the important thing is to forgive yourself and move on. If you feel guilty about who you've been in the past, resolve to grow as a person. It seems like you want to do that, and I commend you for it.

As you forgive yourself, you'll discover what's important to tell your partner and what isn't. Have you considered the possibility that she's already moved on from the things you're dwelling on?

Yoga practice will support your efforts. I highly second Carson's advice here:

quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

1.) Meditate twice a day
2.) Be patient (allow some time for the accumulated effects of a twice daily, well paced, DM practice to take hold
3.) Perhaps try using Byron Katie's "The Work" on the guilt: http://www.thework.com/thework.php

You are a beautiful human being, and you are loved. Soldier on, divine brother

With Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  3:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

Yoga practice will support your efforts. I highly second Carson's advice here:
quote:

1.) Meditate twice a day
2.) Be patient (allow some time for the accumulated effects of a twice daily, well paced, DM practice to take hold

You are a beautiful human being, and you are loved. Soldier on, divine brother

Very much so. Meditation (and yoga, when performed with a meditative awareness), gradually makes the tension, guilt, embarrassment, etc. vanish. The memories can still be there, but not the strong emotions. You detach from them and move on, even if you don't bring them to a conscious or verbal level. The letting go is sometimes as simple as friction during meditation, followed by clarity of mind for the rest of the day - consciously, you only notice you've probably grown a step further (not what has been released etc).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000