Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 How do you know that the person is enlightened?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  4:48:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Those two cents are well worth picking up
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  6:10:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Yaming

A link to an enlighten guru http://www.himalayanacademy.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  6:32:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Both of what?
I like the open style of teaching here, and it's very effective for me.

Both. Have an enlighten guru in your life and practicing inner silence. Look, there is nothing wrong with acknowledging that there are people who have accomplished what we are seeking and accepting their guidance. Isn't that what we are doing with Yogani? How can someone tell you how to get somewhere if they have never been there. It is like the blind leading the blind. If you want be a great tennis player, you take lessons from someone who has been a great tennis player. This is not a bondage, it is a great benefit. First we are told to rely on our inner voice, then we are told to look at a quote from the AYP lessons that support it. A good way to test an idea is to ask yourself this question. Is this idea fueling my pride or is it making me humble?

Edited by - Mikananda on Dec 01 2011 7:18:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  6:49:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mikananda

Hello Yaming

A link to an enlighten guru http://www.himalayanacademy.com/

How do you know he is enlightened?
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  6:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My inner voice told me so
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  6:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One does not want to be guilty of contempt prior to investigation.

Edited by - Mikananda on Dec 01 2011 7:20:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  7:02:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mikananda

quote:

Both of what?
I like the open style of teaching here, and it's very effective for me.
=---------------

Both. Have an enlighten guru in your life and practicing inner silence. Look, there is nothing wrong with acknowledging that there are people who have accomplished what we are seeking and accepting their guidance. Isn't that what we are doing with Yogani? How can someone tell you how to get somewhere if they have never been there. It is like the blind leading the blind. If you want be a great tennis player, you take lessons from someone who has been a great tennis player. This is not a bondage, it is a great benefit. First we told to rely on our inner voice, then we told to locate at quote from the AYP lessons that support it. A good way to test an idea is to ask yourself this question. Is this idea fueling my pride or is it making me humble?

No, nothing wrong with having a guru at all. I have many, and they change all the time.

Yoga is not like learning tennis. Tennis is manmade and scored, so it is easy to tell who is good at it. Different yoga practices work for different people, so it's not as simple as matching your swing to an ideal curve in tennis (and that is hard). You can't just say "the upper right amygdala needs more chi; lets work on that."
so wat works out is you will like one guru, and I will like another,
and it doesn't matter if they are enlightened or not.

Some people say I am enlightened, but I don't think so. I have had several experiences in which my life has been made "lighter", like lifting a weight off my back, but there is much more.
And I think to be enlightened one needs to have a preponderance of divine energy most of the time, and I don't.

Anyway, my best wishes for anyone who wants to find a physical guru. There are many out there.

Edited by - Etherfish on Dec 01 2011 7:04:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

milathopaga

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  02:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can enlighten you if you want.
Probably quicker than any yogi you know
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  05:10:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe 'enlightened' translates more accurately in Sanskrit?

I see it more as a continuous process and only the beginning of that transition has a defined jump which could be described better as awakening, or just as accurately deep in sleep in the illusory world.

Etherfish said that he could not be enlightened because he does not have a proponderence of divine energy, but it is only the body that requires energy, there is no requirement for energy unless you are still identified with the body. Somewhat like being aware that a car is running out of fuel or needs a service.but has no direct connection to the driver except for the need to fill it up or take it to a garage.
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  06:12:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps a simple way of putting it is; enlightenment means being able to except life for what it is.

Edited by - Mikananda on Dec 03 2011 06:16:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  06:18:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by milathopaga

I can enlighten you if you want.
Probably quicker than any yogi you know

How true! I have had to enlighten many people. That is why I keep a club in the truck of my car .
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  06:27:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl,

quote:
Maybe 'enlightened' translates more accurately in Sanskrit?

In Sanskrit there are two words which are commonly translated as enlightened. One is Moksha, and the other is nirvana. Moksha means liberated, as in liberated from the pain of unenlightened existence. Vana, I believe is a flame (I gave my Sanskrit dictionary away so I can't look it up), and nir is a prefix meaning without. So nirvana means without flame. The flame is the flame that burns, the flame of desire.

quote:

Etherfish said that he could not be enlightened because he does not have a proponderence of divine energy, but it is only the body that requires energy, there is no requirement for energy unless you are still identified with the body. Somewhat like being aware that a car is running out of fuel or needs a service.but has no direct connection to the driver except for the need to fill it up or take it to a garage.

In the main lessons Yogani says that although it is possible to live in a state of bliss without divine energy, it is not possible to experience enlightenment without it. This is because it is divine energy moving through the nadis which purifies the etheric body, and only a purified etheric body can experience divine love. This has been the experience here too. Yogani calls the etheric body the subtle neurobiology. Without divine love, enlightenment simply isn't enlightenment.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  08:09:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is plenty of divine love coming in - I just don't radiate it back out enough!
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  12:16:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christi.
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  10:09:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yaming

Hi everyone,
I was asking myself this question for a while now. There are many people out there who are claiming that they are enlightened. So how do I know that they actually are enlightened or if they are just pretending it? One of my first meditation instructors told me that, a person will have telepathy once he/she has opened the 3rd eye. He had an unexpected encounter with a monk who was reading his mind (he knew the whole family issues, what his plans are for the future etc). As I read here, and which seems logic, every spiritual path is different, which means that not everyone who is enlightened has the gift of reading other peoples mind. What do you think about it? How do we know if someone is enlightened?

Jesus said, "A tree is know by it's fruit."
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  11:18:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is there anything an enlightened person could do that would make you think they were un-enlightened?
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  07:54:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Is there anything an enlightened person could do that would make you think they were un-enlightened?

I am not sure how to take that. Are you refering to you speaking to me, or is it the other way around?

Edited by - Mikananda on Dec 05 2011 07:58:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  08:59:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, me speaking to you. Asking about just any enlightened person, and could they do something to make you think they are not enlightened?
Go to Top of Page

FutureHumanDestiny

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  12:58:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you will know that they are enlightened by these qualities:

for every effort you make toward your enlightenment, they will make 10 efforts to assist you. (for yourself, not for them)

they answer the questioner rather than their question

when you meditate with them, you have success (and think
it to be your your own doing)

they arrive when you are receptive to their teachings,
and leave when you are desperate for help.

they give freely, asking nothing from you

you will feel frustrated often especially when they are most calm

they will not tell you what you want to hear, but...
only what you most need to hear.

-dale
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  1:03:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
leave when you are desperate for help.

why? it should be the opposite...they will not pamper your ego that is for sure,they will tell what you need to hear (not what you want to hear) but they should be available...
Go to Top of Page

FutureHumanDestiny

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  1:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

quote:
leave when you are desperate for help.

why? it should be the opposite...they will not pamper your ego that is for sure,they will tell what you need to hear (not what you want to hear) but they should be available...

personal experience is the keystone or cornerstone of spiritual development; it's how we are most likely to learn the law of cause and effect; i.e.we reap what we sew.

when our life becomes a calamity it is often our own doing, and we must understand why. not until we have experienced the full circle of our actions and consequences, cause and effect, karma and conscious decisions, not until then can one reconcile their karma and their past.

the ones who most need help are the least receptive to receive it. thus the paradox of compassion and maya, liberation and suffering, bondage/slavery and enlightenment are brought full circle by the enlightened one's patience and solitude. At this time, no one suffers more than the master who knows how essential his/her help is, how easy it is to end suffering, yet how resistant men are to receiving that help. but the master knows that when the student is ready, he will return.

we are all individuals which is why suffering occurs and why it is a tragedy.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000