Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Complete Cessation of breath ...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  8:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Over a decade ago before I ever got into Yoga, Advaita, Pranayama, and Mysticism ....I had done shrooms, and while in that state this insight came to me that we don't have to breath at all!!!!

It was then that I became aware of Chi and a vast internal network of worlds. So I did some googling on cessation of breath and much taoist material came up, specifically called "internal embryo breathing".

Its just awareness of breathing, then gradually slowing down of breath, then ceasing to breath inbetween the in/out breath ...at that point some type of inner chi activates, stills the mind, and cultivation of this allows for the eventual complete cessation of having to breath ...while completely living of and breathing this inner chi.

Anyone have additional experiences with this?

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  11:30:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, if you do this for longer periods of time (weeks to months) and your body is not purified and refined enough, health problems will occur. The inner energies can sustain the body and all its functions without any additional breath, but to bring it to a healthy long-term level, daily practice and a not-too-fast adaptation seems to be neccessary.

At least this body here is still in that transition and so far handles no breath much much better than 2 years ago.

DM also leads to breathlessness, SPB pranayama too. Every spiritual practice will lead to it sooner or later. It even goes deeper "down" to the heartbeat. Complete stop is possible and has been shown many times. Most probably Yogani has touched that level of stillness (and beyond) long ago. Many of the other more advanced practitioners here had countless experiences in-between for shure.

Breathlessness is not the fin, it is just the soon end of the grossly movement. The grossest is also the smallest of the worlds of movement. Once in a decade? =P Take the inspiration of that shroom-trip and make it to a daily meditation-trip into the inner depths! :)
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  08:43:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've experienced several times 20 minutes without any breathing movements during Deep meditation. It was surprising not to have the usual alarming breathing urge.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000