Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 gap between mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

psychicexplorer

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  11:01:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit psychicexplorer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am curious as to whether or not I should have a gap of silence in between my mantra recitations. Since the purpose of meditation is to increase inner silence I was thinking that I should have a pause of silence in between the "I Am's". But sometimes I have mental chatter and I try to just do the mantra one after the other in very close succession. Any insight would be appreciated.

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  10:39:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is ok if you get lost. You don't have to keep the control. Repeat the mantra in normal pace and get lost without worry. Whenever you notice, come back to the mantra.
Go to Top of Page

psychicexplorer

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  2:52:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit psychicexplorer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Holy

It is ok if you get lost. You don't have to keep the control. Repeat the mantra in normal pace and get lost without worry. Whenever you notice, come back to the mantra.

Thanks.

I am not really getting lost so much, though my attention does sometimes wander. I was just wondering if I should pause inbetween each mantra recitation or if I should keep the recitations tight, one right after the other with little to no silent pause.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  7:08:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by psychicexplorer

quote:
Originally posted by Holy

Thanks.

I am not really getting lost so much, though my attention does sometimes wander. I was just wondering if I should pause inbetween each mantra recitation or if I should keep the recitations tight, one right after the other with little to no silent pause.

Recite as it comes up naturally. If there is a natural pause, go with that, if there is no pause, go with that. In meditation we are trying to give up control... and hence there is no right amount of gap between two mantra repetitions, the gap is what it is for that session.

And, losing yourself in thought is also perfect.. again that is a way of letting go of control... when we realize we are off, we come back to it.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000