Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Mantra catch-up
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vichara

New Zealand
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  7:07:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have undertaken a 40-day mantra sadhana according to the teaching of Thomas Ashley-Farrand.

I have diligently recited one mala each day although i am wondering if it would be better to do two malas per day - in fact I have heard this is normal practise.

Would it therefore be too late to 'catch up' and have a mega mantra catch up for the last 10 days and start to do two malas per day?

Or should i start all over again doing 2 per day.

Or should i just continue with one?

Would like some advice thanks.

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  7:40:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vichara and welcome to the AYP forums

It is probably not a wise idea to play "mantra catch up"... this could result in system overload. But that also depends on the meditation you are using. If you did this with the AYP practice of Deep Meditation you could almost guarantee some difficulties. If you feel the desire to be doing 2 malas per day, then just start with that tomorrow and diligently watch for any negative effects... then adjust as needed.

Just a couple of side notes.... it may be difficult for folks here to advise you on your practice without having previous personal experience with the style of practice you are doing. And, the benefits of any practice come with long term consistent use. 40 days will be good for that period of time, but the benefits will likely eventually fade away as you stop practicing.

Good luck!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  3:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vichara,
Millions of Indians daily practice japa and you will see people in many places with a mala in their hands.Japa is an integral practice of Kundalini Maha Yoga but much greater numbers than two are used.During anustan periods we do a minimum of 1 full mala(108) of the But Shuddi and 108 malas of the guru mantra each day for 11 days.Many also use japa daily all year round.It gives purification of the nervous system but be aware that one experiences cleansing symptoms.My teacher does much more japa than this daily.As Carson says , use inner guidance and adjust if you feel uncomfortable with effects.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000