AYPsite.org Forum
 Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 Scientific comparison of meditation techniques
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  09:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
An interesting look with MRIs and EEGs at the impact on the brain of different types of meditation including TM (mantra meditation), Tibetan Buddhism etc. by Dr. Fred Travis:

http://www.fredtravis.com/talk.html

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  09:44:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome. Truly inspiring to see intelligent meditation research happening. Thanks for sharing this Anthem

Love!
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  11:21:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson or anyone else,

Is DM same as TM ?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  11:35:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi krcimpro1

I've never been initiated into TM (too expensive for me ) but from what I gather it is very similar. Different mantras, similar procedure.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  02:24:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's exactly the same. Same process, same asana techniques, even same philosophy. Where it differs is the actual mantra, but even here they are very similar, especially 'advanced' mantras. Also, the pranayama is different. AFAIK, spinal breathing, cosmic samyama, and other things were just experiments in TM.

When I first read of AYP, I said to myself, Yogani is an ex-TM Governor.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000