Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Snatam Kaur: Crimson
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  12:17:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Can't stop listening to this lately:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjBj8qpj7L4

The lyrics are just beautiful

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  01:18:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by amoux

The lyrics are just beautiful

Yes, they are beautiful. There is immense bhakti and bliss in the Sikh tradition.
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  07:42:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Suryakant I am quite sure you are correct - the first few times I listened to 'Crimson' tears were flowing almost immediately. I'm ignorant of the Sikh tradition, but am inspired to find out more, so I have just ordered a book to read up about it. I know of Yogi Bhajan, of course, and am very interested in Kundalini Yoga. It will be most interesting to see how the pieces fit together.
Go to Top of Page

Amdor

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  04:07:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Amdor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you dont have to be a sikh to practice yogi bhajan's kundalini yoga.

http://answers.google.com/answers/t...d/92953.html

blessings

Edited by - Amdor on Jan 23 2011 06:20:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  07:26:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amdor - thank you for that link

I was practicing KY for a while, alongside AYP, but went into overload, so am being a bit cautious about reintroducing it. I really enjoy some of the KY asana routines, and the 'sound' aspects.
Go to Top of Page

Amdor

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  06:12:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Amdor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No problem, KY for as i know is balanced and dont give overloads
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  9:26:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well words will fail me when I will say that I think this snatam has such a voice..

the crimson song is very beautiful regardless of what she is singing. I looked for the lyrics to this particular song as I cannot make out everything she says-but I understand most of them, and the very fact that you are sharing music that brings tears to your eyes makes this song all the more special.

from her feeling good today cd, I have uncovered a beautiful song/mantra Gobinday Mukunday this is the translation and I don't have the link to the song. I like the children singing back and forth with her.

Mantra-pedia
See All Mantras - A to ZMantra: Gobinday Mukunday

Also Known as: Guru Gaitri Mantra

Complete Mantra:
Gobinday Mukunday Udaaray Apaaray Hariang Kariang Nirnamay Akamay

Language: Gurmukhi - Source: Jaap Sahib - Author: Guru Gobind Singh

Translation:
Sustainer, Liberator, Enlgihtener, Infinite, Destroyer, Creator, Nameless, Desireless

More Information:

The mantra, “Gobinday, Mukunday, Udaaray, Apaary, Hariang, Kariang, Nirnamay, Akaamay,” is noted for the capacity to break through deep-seated blocks

"Besides helping cleanse the subconscious mind, it balances the hemispheres of the brain, bringing compassion and patience to the one who meditates on it." - Yogi Bhajan on Gobinday Mukunday
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2011 :  9:44:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.spiritvoyage.com/yoga/Fe...-001930.aspx

link to Gobinday mantra from snatam kaur

from spirit voyager music

hopefully that will get you to the song list from this feeling good today cd.
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  08:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sagebrush - thank you for that link - Gobinday is beautiful, with the children's voices making it so touching. I have a CD Lotus Meditation for Women which has a few of Snatam Kaur's songs on it - here's a link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lotus-Medit...04836&sr=8-3

Her version of Ek Ong Kar Sat Nam is amazing
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000