Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Morning Meditation Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kite

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  09:20:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

I just had a quick question about an issue I've been encountering during my morning meditations.

I wake up with very high energy in the morning, which seems to fuel the mind into endless chatter and projections of the past and future. These projections, for some reason, have very strong emotions tied to them. It almost seems like my mind is attempting to wake up a tired body with highly emotional thoughts. This makes it difficult to calm my mind enough to experience deep inner stillness during my morning meditations. I don't have as much trouble after work, during my evening meditations - the mind seems a great deal more still.

Maybe this is something that will pass with continued meditation? I was just wondering if anyone had encountered the same thing, specifically in the morning, and had any words of wisdom/techniques to offer on how to tame a chatty mind.

Thanks so much

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  09:36:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Kite,

There is a similar discussion here;
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=7521
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  12:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kite,
Welcome to the AYP forums.

It is OK to have lots of thoughts in meditation... as long as you you follow the procedure of coming back to the mantra any time you realize you are off the mantra.

The idea is not about having a blissful meditation, but not judging each session as good or bad and going with whatever is happening during the meditation and accepting it as exactly what was needed for that session. The idea is to feel the effects of the practice during the day outside of your practice time.

So for now if your morning practice is very mindy, that is perfect, that is what you need right now, as you keep going it will change, it will go through many phases, many sceneries, many experiences... all we do is go back to the mantra when we realize we are off it.

Wish you all the best!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kite

USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  1:41:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You guys are wonderful, thank you both . I hadn't seen the other similar discussion, which I'm reading now and finding very helpful.

Go to Top of Page

Wafu

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2011 :  2:23:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've just noticed my old post on the thread kaserdar linked to, and interestingly enough the pattern has reversed since that time! I now notice that morning meditations are deeper/stiller than those of the evening. Akasha's post in that thread makes a lot of sense to me. I guess the message is, Kite, that everything we experience, including those in meditation are transitory and ever changing. In other words, try not to pay too much heed to it, just keep going
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000