sequencing to extend Kumbhaka effortlessly
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2006 :  01:00:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alvin, I didn't say that. I did say that I'm guessing it takes about 3 or 4 times the length of the gap to get back. Maybe a little more, though it's hard to tell.

I didn't say - and certainly don't believe - one has to start from scratch. But I'm absolutely sure of one thing: the mud builds up pretty quickly if we're not religiously wiping it away.
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2006 :  06:53:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ic. Thanks. I'm just asking, and i didn't mean you said that. Probably you said that in your reply since I don't find that in the first post of that thread.

3 or 4 times. That's not too bad.

Edited by - Alvin Chan on Mar 24 2006 07:43:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2006 :  09:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, sorry, Alvin, I see I misread.

There's one really critical point....I've said it a couple times but it bears repeating: when you stop practicing, and the old conditioning starts to come back, it feels "normal", because all the old ways of feeling and being are so familiar to us. That's in stark contrast to the effect of doing yoga, where every tiny infinitessimal opening brings such unfamiliar feelings.

So we can't go forward too much too fast without feeling overwhelmed and shooken up. But we can back slide very far indeed without hardly even noticing. It's like a ratchet wrench, and it's a dangerous and precarious thing. If you slack up in your practice, you can slide much much further back than you'd ever imagine without hardly even realizing. And you sure don't slide forward with the same speed and ease!

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Mar 26 2006 11:55:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2006 :  08:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
um...It makes sense. Thanks, Jim.

Jim, I know you had been trying many different practices before, may be on and off, and completely off now. Do you think you have wasted your time? (because their effects, if different from the AYP you're doing now, should go away already)

Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2006 :  11:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Time can't be wasted.
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2006 :  01:14:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
But can be better used. That's what we usually mean by "time wasted".

ok, this is all just sematic. What I mean is: are there anything left on you that is due to, and can only be due to(rather than something which you will come to sooner or later without those practices) those practices?

I am especially interested to know what you gained (and still have) by practising the microcosmic orbit, since this is a practice originated in my home country China.

Edited by - Alvin Chan on Mar 27 2006 05:15:17 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000