Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Tantra for Beginners?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anandaji

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2010 :  05:42:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I have a good friend who is a very sceptic and down to earth person. A lot of times he is joking about my spirituality. But in his heart i think he is highly interested in it, but just hasn't the courage to ask for it in a non sarcastic way. Since he very much likes sex, we had the idea that i might present him a book about Tantra Yoga because it might be the right way for him to approach spirituality.

Can you give me any suggestiongs for a good Tantra beginners book which leads quite fast to verifiable experiences?

Or any good Tantra book? (Preferable ome where a german translation as available)
Is the Tantra book by Yogani adequate for someone new to spirituality?

Tanks for you advice in advance and please excuse my english ;-)

JDas

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  11:33:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit JDas's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi.

Here's yogani's book list...

http://www.aypsite.org/booklist13.html

And Tantra is not about liking sex but about using sex for spiritual purposes.

I like this book a lot... http://www.amazon.com/Masturbation-...p/0917320158
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2010 :  12:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananadaji,

I have only read 2 "Tantra" books, the AYP Tantra book, and Mantak Chia's "Cultivating Male Sexual Energy" book.

Either of them I think would be a fine book to start out with for the purpose of overcoming skepticism. I would favor the AYP Tantra book, it would have the advantage that once your friend experienced the energy levels from Tantra, he would be able to channel them into the daily AYP practices. Whereas M.Chia's microcosmic orbit is a nebulous idea without a regular practice schedule presented. On the other hand, M.Chia's book is more of a stand-alone self contained book. Whereas AYP Tantra will have many references to the AYP system which would be unfamiliar to your friend. Maybe get him both :)

Both books advocate retaining the semen, refraining from ejaculatory orgasm, and "cultivating" the retained sexual energy by some form of spiritual practice. Breathing, meditation, etc.

Edited by - JDH on Dec 31 2010 12:12:47 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000