Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Heat along spinal cord
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  4:19:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Folks,

Over the last few weeks I've had increased sensation of heat on the entire length of my spine, coupled with mood swings. The heat is unusual and doesn't seem to go away. It seems to increase my overall body temperature a little. Is this a warning sign that I need to reduce practice time?

I haven't bought any icecream for years but due to this I started eating some.

Lili

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  6:59:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Lili,

Have you added anything new to your practices? If the heat is enough to bother you I would say its time to self pace..the mood swing part is usually a red flag too Best of luck!
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  7:07:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi faileforever,

Nope I haven't--quite the contrary keep it to very minimal 5 min SB 15 DM. This is because a few months ago I had an overload and had to drop everything for about a month, replacing it with breathing meditation. Now it is not as bad as then, and it's different in a sense that at that point I felt tension around my heart and throat and now it's more like everywhere esp. in the head. I don't feel like reducing this already small practice further but if it keeps going like that will take your advice. Thanks, Lili
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2010 :  8:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OkAlthough I noticed you didnt mention any rest time after your sessions, make sure to do that, will help with the moods I bet!
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2010 :  07:31:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Getting plenty of rest after each session--sometimes even a nap :). Sorry was confusing not to mention as I was taking it for granted .

I'll try working harder at work plus getting more physical workouts and if this doesn't cut it I think I will need to reduce a further 5 min.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000