Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Samadhi in Dreams
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Saagaram

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  5:20:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Out of curiosity, has anyone here who has awakened the full body mudra of bliss melting in inner silence been able to carry that into the sleeping and dreaming state, and if so, how so?

Also wondering if anyone has tried lying in corpse pose while going to sleep in bed while reciting the mantra and to what effect?

Edited by - Saagaram on Dec 13 2010 5:25:57 PM

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  09:32:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Saagaram

I haven't been able to "carry" samadhi into sleep, but I have certainly been in an "awake samadhi" during sleep before.

Never tried reciting the mantra while going to sleep though.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Saagaram

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  09:46:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CarsonZi, Thanks for responding. What do you mean awake samadhi during sleep mean? Can you describe that please? Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  09:53:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Saagaram

I mean that I have had times where I am awake, with no thoughts, while the body is sleeping.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Balasco

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  10:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balasco's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find mantra before bed causes to much energy to rise. Be prepared for a sleepless night
Go to Top of Page

Saagaram

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  12:41:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Balasco

I find mantra before bed causes to much energy to rise. Be prepared for a sleepless night

Yeah there is a way to moderate it by saying it loosely and vaguely. There is real benefit to practicing in sleep. I think you call it yoga nidra. I will see.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  1:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Hi Saagaram

I mean that I have had times where I am awake, with no thoughts, while the body is sleeping.

Love!

That is a trance state. Numerous psychic powers can be accessed. Thats what I do.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  04:34:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Same as CarsonZ - yes. I have also experienced awaking in the middle of the night to find my crown open, in full witness state and outpouring of divine love. And conversing with that is easy.
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2010 :  1:58:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I've had the experience of becoming "aware" while the body was still asleep, and then having my awareness filled with a brilliant white and golden light, into which "I" slowly melted in a sea of ecstacy. last thing I remembered was the last little bit of me melting in and then I woke up in the morning. Was a nice piece of scenery.

Much Love
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000