AYPsite.org Forum
 Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Animal food and Yoga
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

star

12 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  10:58:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit star's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Chicken and Yoga

About 1 month ago I added organic fertile eggs to my diet because I was becoming concerned about my protein intake while weight lifting. I found that the eggs did perk me up a little. I then thought since eggs are ok, lets try some organic chicken? After the third day of eating ¼ of a chicken breast my anus started itching like there were a trillion ants eating me up from inside. The third day a patch of bums appeared on my left shoulder blade which burned like the dickens. I immediately connected that with the chicken, and stopped eating chicken at once. The itching in my anus went away the next day. The burn on my shoulder blade stopped burning and started going down. Yesterday I made chicken soup for my husband and I just tasted the broth. A few minutes later the itching in my anus started again and my shoulder started to burn again. Today I put some oyster sauce on my Chinese broccoli and the bums started burning again. I’m now bordering on making a tentative conclusion that: any food containing animal does not work for me anymore. I must mention that before I became vegetarian, I ate chicken, meat and fish and I never had anything weird like this happen to me.

Is there information out there that will assist me in understanding the validity of my tentative conclusion?

P.S. I found a 100% vegan meal replacement (with 25g of complete protein per serving) which is taking the place of all animal products for me including eggs and milk and it taste delicious. www.myvega.com

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 06 2007 9:04:33 PM

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  12:09:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Star, it might be interesting to check if this is chicken-specific. What happens for example if you eat butter or cheese?
Go to Top of Page

star

12 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  12:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit star's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I dont eat butter nor do I eat cheese.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  12:34:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

star said:
I’m now bordering on making a tentative conclusion that: any food containing animal does not work for me anymore

If you eat some butter or cheese, you have a way to (partially) test for the correctness of that without going non-vegetarian!
Go to Top of Page

star

12 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  2:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit star's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If I eat cheese I instantly get a cold (stuffie nose)kind of thing. Butter I can try. Now that my vega protein meal replacement is working so good I dont have a need for animal foods animore.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  9:04:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  5:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You might want to watch how much protein you are actually taking in. I have read that for someone who is weight-lifting below a professional level (ie recreationally) their protein need is not that much more than someone who does not engage in weight-lifting. The body can only safely pack on a painfully miniscule amount of muscle in a given week, so a significant protein increase is uneeded. I have read a lot of different opinions, but most commonly it is said you should aim for 40-60 grams a day. If you overdo it on protein, which is extremely easy to do, you will put your body in an acidic state which will make it more prone to illness. It also robs the bones and organs of calcium. From what I understand after much research, it seems harder to eat too little protein than too much.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  10:37:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would try a different brand of organic chicken, or a little of other meats and see if you get the same reaction. For instance, cornish game hen or duck. Also, isolate everything else that went with the chicken. For instance, it is very common for people to be allergic to wheat and dairy products.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000