Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Zen/The Genesis Prayer/and Samyama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  8:21:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Dear friends!

Sorry to be away so long, just still trying to straighten my path, do practices and deal with mundane "biggies"....Lordie!

Anyway, i am glad to see that Yogani's beautiful work is still going strong and bubbling through his huge posse' here!

For myself, i would like to ask opinions on these these matters:

I am studying with a school now that asks me to sit Zazen every day (Zen meditation), this is fine with me, but i love Samyama and I Am meditation, which i had to take a long break from (could not manage the energy, very sensitive girl !.

I have just begun the Zen and usually follow with a session of Samayama.

The list for Samyama contains some items that are self-made, a few from the advanced list and the rest Yogani's basic/starter's list...I am probably already in trouble here!).

I have decided to be brave and include it:

Loving-Compassion

Health

Abundant Wealth

Inner Sensuality

Brave-in-Strength

Integration (to support the ego-refinement work i am doing, but that i resist doing, a lot)

Advanced:

Inner Intuition

Elements : My school has had me doing a lot of work with them through mala repetitions already, for longer than two months)

Breath (may help with adjusting to mundane life (i am too spiritual!) and yet assure me that i am still free!

Questions:

Is there any harm in following Zen practice with Samyama?

Maybe it would be better to do DM and Samyama once per day and then Zen with Samyama, the other part of the day?

I am also deeply fond of The Ana Beko'ach (Genesis Prayer....examples on YouTube)), which contains the 42 names of G-D. I have also begun doing this prayer which contains 7 lines of text, one for each day (all of which are said EVERY day, ideally twice per day, 3 times on the Sabbath). Each line provides a variety of self-refinement and means to interact with the Divine Source....also, a wish can also be granted, especially if we are in an emergency situation.

At the end of each line of the Prayer are the various names of G-D in Hebrew letters, with no vowels.

In the past, whenever i have done this Prayer, i would drop these names into Samyama, in as quiet a state as i could manage, after reading the line of the prayer out loud, then i'd continue down to the next line, doing the same procedure.

The prayer is amazingly effective, but now that i am adding in the possibility of doing Samyama twice per day (with the meditation practices), i am wondering if this might all be too volatile for the Human nervous system, all at once?

When i did the Prayer in the past, Samayama-style, i did not have to do it for long before it granted my wish copiously, so i don't know the long-term effects of using The Names in Samyama yet. The wish being granted, i wound up with so much work to do, that i was not able to fit the prayer into my day. Now my desire to resume goes beyond my disorganize living and excuses, so i want to start again.

I hope this is not all too complex, just looking for a recipe to start safely re-applying some of my favorite principles to my life.

Bless you all
and may you have much to be greatful for!

Much Love,

Rael!

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  5:50:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I see the quality of zazen as I've done it, to be very similar to DM, so I'd happily mix them, and samyama.
The god names make me wonder, as they work in an entirely different way to AYP practices. Dropping them into samyama is likely to generate a response you may not have prepared for, and so may miss learning the meaning of the god name. Kabbalist practices are aimed at developing the inner vision, and learning to discriminate between the energies represented by the god names, but with little focus on kundalini, so there will be instabilities and difficulties unless you have progressed very deeply into zazen and/or kabbalist practices.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  6:31:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2010 :  6:58:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AYPforum

Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement

Thank you, hah hah...i moved it at the same time!

How PSI! (Or maybe you noticed me trying?) Hee Hee Hee!
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2010 :  08:13:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BuddhiHermit

I see the quality of zazen as I've done it, to be very similar to DM, so I'd happily mix them, and samyama.
The god names make me wonder, as they work in an entirely different way to AYP practices. Dropping them into samyama is likely to generate a response you may not have prepared for, and so may miss learning the meaning of the god name. Kabbalist practices are aimed at developing the inner vision, and learning to discriminate between the energies represented by the god names, but with little focus on kundalini, so there will be instabilities and difficulties unless you have progressed very deeply into zazen and/or kabbalist practices.

Hi! Very helpful and astute answer....thank you so much!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000