Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 Hadron Collider will never work?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scorpio1987uk

Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  11:49:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey has anyone heard of the Hadron Collider? It is a multi billion euro project that is supposed to simulate how the big bang happened. In my honsest opinion I think it is one of the biggest wastes of resources and time in human history, why? because it will never work.

It is supposed to accelerate two protons or lead nuclei into a head on collision to simulate the big bang. I know a proton is tiny, but if you compare it to the macrocosm, this is the equivalent of colliding two planets together. The molecular level is nowhere near the smallest unit of matter, new levels of the physical are being discovered all the time, a good example would be neutrinos which are smaller than electrons. Basicaly to get to the point, to simulate the big bang you would have to collide the two smallest particles, which to be honest, will never be discovered by humans as the universe is infinite.

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  11:59:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hahaha As I read this I had something come to me.... Prana, which translates to "first unit" I believe, is essentially "awareness" or "consciousness" (at least IMO). I don't know a whole lot about quantum science (not enough to debate on it anyways) but as far as I understand it, quantum science also sees the "first unit" as "consciousness/awareness." Soooooo, in order to collide two "first units" we would have to collide "two awarenessess"....which isn't possible since there is only One. Hahahaha

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Scorpio1987uk

57 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  3:18:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah thanks for telling me the meaning of the word prana, it makes much more sense to me now, I recently read that scientists were doing experiments on splitting atoms and found that when they split an atom and moved both pieces away from each other, they would reorganise their structure to exactly mimic each other with no time having lapsed whatsover, proving that atoms have the capability for consciousness and that consciousness travels faster than the speed of light.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  8:24:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you look up large hadron collider in wikipedia, you will see there are several purposes for it. It does not have to collide the smallest particle. It is for the purpose of testing for other dimensions, the nature of dark matter, supersymmetry, the nature of gravity, and other really cool things.
no need to worry about the resources, as it is funded by 10,000 scientists, 100 countries, universities and laboratories.
Subatomic physics is the science closest to spirituality!
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  9:06:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Particle accelerators have been "working" for nearly a century; It is through experiments done with particle accelerators that we have gained knowledge of things like quarks and neutrinos. The LHC is merely the most powerful particle accelerator that has been created thus far. Particle accelerators have contributed to some of the most exciting advances in physical science. The larger the accelerator, the more energy that can be created. One of the goals of the LHC is to create an acceleration with so much energy that it is comparable to the amount of energy present at the time of the big bang. At energy levels this high, sub atomic particles are thought to exist as a sort of primordial quark-gluon plasma. As the universe cooled off, this plasma condensed into proper subatomic particles which went on to form the lighter elements. By being able to analyze the decay of these sub atomic particles from their primordial state, scientists hope to gain understanding as to how these molecules give matter their physical properties. Hardly a waste!

Edited by - Clear White Light on Nov 10 2010 9:11:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scorpio1987uk

57 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  12:17:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok so the Hadron collider will not be a waste of time and resources, thats a huge relief. I still however do not believe in "other dimensions" the first dimension does not exist, it is impossible to only see fowards and backwards and impossible to have a 1 dimensional object, the 2nd dimension does not exist, there is no such thing as a 2 dimensional object, even a picture on a piece of paper has depth, even a few microns is enough, no piece of matter has ever been found to be perfectly flat. And I am starting to doubt the existence of the 3rd dimension as I believe that we live in the fourth dimension, you can go up, down, left, right, fowards, backwards and get bigger and smaller, all matter has the ability to increase and decrease in size, even consciousness, I have travelled to the cells in my body in a fully consciouss mental projection, seen them exactly as looking at them through a microscope in full detail and colour, I believe that everything exists in the same dimension, it is just unknown objects exist outside of the spectrum which is perceivable by the average human being. A dimension is simply something that can be measured by using a point of reference, by using a fourth dimensional reference point using the description of the fourth dimension I have given, it is possible to simplify and place everything in the same dimension.
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2010 :  11:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scorpio1987uk

Ok so the Hadron collider will not be a waste of time and resources, thats a huge relief. I still however do not believe in "other dimensions" the first dimension does not exist, it is impossible to only see fowards and backwards and impossible to have a 1 dimensional object, the 2nd dimension does not exist, there is no such thing as a 2 dimensional object, even a picture on a piece of paper has depth, even a few microns is enough, no piece of matter has ever been found to be perfectly flat. And I am starting to doubt the existence of the 3rd dimension as I believe that we live in the fourth dimension, you can go up, down, left, right, fowards, backwards and get bigger and smaller, all matter has the ability to increase and decrease in size, even consciousness, I have travelled to the cells in my body in a fully consciouss mental projection, seen them exactly as looking at them through a microscope in full detail and colour, I believe that everything exists in the same dimension, it is just unknown objects exist outside of the spectrum which is perceivable by the average human being. A dimension is simply something that can be measured by using a point of reference, by using a fourth dimensional reference point using the description of the fourth dimension I have given, it is possible to simplify and place everything in the same dimension.

What you describe as the "fourth dimension" in your post is simply the third dimension of physics. Height, width, depth; Those are the three dimensions of euclidean geometry. The fourth dimension of physics is time. However, general relativity has shown that it is a mistake to consider time and space to be separate phenomena. The modern physical approach to dimensionality is to consider time and space to a single, inseparable entity known as spacetime. BTW, there may not be any "matter" that is without depth, but that does not mean that the laws of physics do not allow it. From the reference point of an observer in space, a blackhole has no depth.

Edited by - Clear White Light on Nov 11 2010 11:37:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  11:44:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a link to a BBC article on the results of November 7th experiment of smashing lead ions together: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-e...ent-11711228
"This process took place in a safe, controlled environment, generating incredibly hot and dense sub-atomic fireballs with temperatures of over ten trillion degrees, a million times hotter than the centre of the Sun."

Love!
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  12:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Here is a link to a BBC article on the results of November 7th experiment of smashing lead ions together: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-e...ent-11711228
"This process took place in a safe, controlled environment, generating incredibly hot and dense sub-atomic fireballs with temperatures of over ten trillion degrees, a million times hotter than the centre of the Sun."

Love!

I laughed when I saw the picture on the daily news showing a load of coloured lines coming out tangentally to the impact zone.......yep I thought, that's how I would have predicted it to look. Just go out to a firework display and it looks exactly like that.

Of course it's going to be far more complicated and concern forces, decaying particles and all sorts of unexpected things, but it still looked like a kids drawing of an exploding sky rocket.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2010 :  4:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A multibillion dollar toy for "scientists".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000