Enlightenment Milestones
 Sushumana Opening and related physical changes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

purity

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2010 :  10:10:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Before staring AYP practices, I had been working on Esoteric Buddhist meditation. I had been told that when you comepletely open Sushumana channel, there are many visible physical changes in body e.g rounding of your neck like Buddha, straightening of spine and softening of your skin? As per that practice, unless you see these changes, you probably haven't reached that milestone.

Anyone experienced these changes or otherwise? or it's just a myth.

Love & Peace,
Purity

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2010 :  4:38:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
physical changes do happen, as the unseen intelligence works through you and manifests a purified expression of the body over time.

the more transformed one becomes, the more transformed the body.

but it's useless to get in to specifics, because it is probably much different for each one of us, depending on all sorts of factors, not the least of which is the degree to which one is transformed.

i also would not put any stock into the idea of "unless you see these changes, you probably haven't reached that milestone." however, there would be no mistaking it when these physical transformations take place.

peeez
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2010 :  6:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Changes do happen, and sometimes we don't observe them ourselves. For example, recently a neighbour said to me, "What are you doing? You've grown taller". I hadn't noticed it, but just this weekend I was with friends I haven't seen for 5 months, and they saw changes too.

I agree with tonightsthenight - the specifics will likely be different for each of us. And I wouldn't put any faith in physical changes as milestones. It seems to me that would simply set up a whole story about what 'had' to happen, instead of simply doing the practices, and observing the blossoming.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  02:10:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by purity
e.g rounding of your neck like Buddha...

What does "rounding of your neck like Buddha" means?

Perhaps it is a milestone related with that particular method of Esoteric Buddhist meditation.

The straightening of spine is common though.

Go to Top of Page

purity

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2010 :  4:23:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot for your input everyone!

Manigma : Rounding of neck means neck as somooth as if a collar is worn around.

I agree with you all that we shouldn't be stuck with the physical changes on this journey but was curious to find the authenticity of the statement. If it is so, It should hold true for any practice which opens up the sushumna channel.
Love & Peace,
Purity
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  09:57:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When it comes to the skin becoming very soft/calm and the straightening of the spine, both happen for me in times when the energy flow through sushumna. Then times come and the energy doesn't enter sushumna for some days and you see the effect of decreased "smoothness of the skin" and health/youth in general.

Look at the freshness and beauty of a baby and a little child, energies flow easily and often through sushumna.. Years go by, sushumna gets filled with more and more impressions of old and unhealthy people and this starts to express on the surface aswell.

So there is more than myth to it. Anyway, these are side effects that come and go and can be observed.

Edit: To make it more precise, all these and many more effects are a side "product" of the love that flows out of sushumna.

Edited by - Holy on Nov 04 2010 10:31:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

purity

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  2:02:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing this! I can't agree with you more on this. Hopefully, there will be a point on this journey when it stays open forever!
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  12:42:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by purity

...rounding of your neck like Buddha...
softening of your skin?

I have not noticed physical changes on my neck and skin before. However, Purity, when I read your account of the teaching you have received, I liked it. Here is why. When I thought about "rounding of the neck like Buddha" it felt like an energetic collar enveloped my neck. When I though about "softening of skin" a kind of soft energy enveloped me at the skin level.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000