Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Solar centering
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Roshan

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  12:22:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Roshan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all
This is my first post but I have been following AYP lessons for 3 years now.First I would like to thank Yogani for all the time and effort he put into these lessons. They are life- changing.I'm in his debt for ever, and can't offer any thing in return except my deepest gratitude, love and respect. Then, I want to thank all the people in the forum for sharing their knowledge and experience. You are like my family and I love you all. I have a question about solar centering and I appreciate your responses.
I started solar centering a few month ago,for several times, but every time I experienced heat and pain in the area of solar plexus. It was so distracting that I had to discontinue, and not sacrifice my DM. Now I think that I'm ready to start again, but I want to make sure that I'm doing it correctly.
I want to know where do the eyes go when our attention goes to solar plexus area? Do they go down towards the center? Is solar centering a kind of "gazing" in meditation the same as sambavi in pranayama, or does our attention separate from the eyes, again the same as what we do in pranayama? Does the awareness remain in solar plexus area for the entire time of meditation or it go to the location of mantra for a moment, the same as in cosmic samyama?

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  10:43:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Roshan:

The solar centering enhancement is picking up the mantra at the solar center and continuing with it there, as described in Lesson 368. So it is not picking up and dropping the location as in cosmic samyama. It is the procedure of meditation we are doing, with the easy picking up of mantra at that location. Whenever we realize we are off the mantra, we easily come back to it at whatever level of clarity or fuzziness we are at in the mind. If we are doing the solar centering enhancement, that will be automatically included, once we have the habit in place.

If there is discomfort associated with solar centering, this is a sign of purification and opening occurring. If symptoms becomes excessive, to the point where you can't continue with meditation, you can try the procedure in Lesson 15. If excessive sensations continue, then better self-pace solar centering, which you have done already. You can always come back and try again later.

Keep in mind that the fruit of our practice is not in the practice itself, but in daily activity. So if you are having some symptoms during practice that are manageable, and daily activity is good, then it is okay to continue that way. In time, all symptoms settle down as purification and opening advance, and the energy is producing less friction in the neurobiology. That does not mean we should "tough it out" with excessive symptoms in practice. We always self-pace for progress with comfort. Otherwise, we may get discouraged and stop practices altogether, which obviously is not preferred.

As for the eyes, we do not put them in any particular direction (other than closed) in deep meditation, including with solar centering. As we develop sambhavi mudra during spinal breathing, the eyes may tend to naturally drift up during deep meditation, but we do not do that with intention. All of our intention during deep meditation is for the procedure of meditation. This is important, so as not to divide the mind during our meditation with other intentions or procedures. Simplicity yields the most effective results. The solar centering enhancement is the only intention we have added to the basic procedure of deep meditation, other than the optional mantra enhancements.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Roshan

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  10:08:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Roshan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani for the quick reply. Now I know that I didn't do it right. I focused on solar center, and put my eyes on that area. Before that I used to fix my eyes on the point between the eyebrows in meditation for several years and experienced headache during the day. My headache reduced after I started samyama and cosmic samyama after meditation. I try solar centering again and I hope this time it works.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000