Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 silence knows if your lying
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  09:48:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

When i tell the truth or words come from there they feel smooth and like they go deep into me and other people. When I lie or other people lie it feels like it's scratchy and can't go far inside, it stays shallow.

When I feel blank and feel like I am deeper in silence and people are talking to me it's sometimes feels like their feeling comes into me and I know what they are feeling/thinking and their motives. . . but I am not sure because i don't ask them.

I am pretty sure in the future nobody will be able to lie to each other. . .

I am not sure why I wanted tell this, I often write posts like this knowing from the beginning I am going to delete them after i get it down. . . this one I decided not to

Edited by - jamuna on Oct 22 2010 02:20:45 AM

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  10:28:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I understand what you are saying.

I am not looking for the ability to lie to others, or to you.

Go to Top of Page

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  4:32:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I am not looking for the ability to lie to others, or to you.

haha

I am sure you are not

In hindsight I guess the title of this thread might sound a bit paranoid. Another perhaps more clear way of explaining this might be to say that the vibrational quality of what people say is starting to have a greater impact on me, sometimes more then the words themselves. I think this might have always been the case but on a more unconscious level. Trying to explain how it feels like that happens is a bit confusing I guess.. . even for me

It seems to be the experience here that lying definitely makes things feel scratchy, and sincerity makes things feel smooth. It's a bit of a breakthrough for me to trust in feeling, I have always been very analytical by nature. Anyway this way of operating is bringing more peace and I enjoy it

I guess the whole we wont be able to lie in the future thing came about after I was in a conversation with someone recently. It was obvious to me that they were lying. . in a sort of an embarrassing way because it felt like they had no clue. It sort of clicked in me then that this is so easy. . letting the feeling in is so so so easy & NORMAL that everyone will be able to do this soon (if they aren't already, I could be a late bloomer) ,and then people will have no choice but to stop lying

Edited by - jamuna on Oct 28 2010 04:41:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2010 :  12:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I want to think or say that this is complex for me to read, interpret, understand....esp other peoples experience.

I understand scratchy.

I feel like a walking piece of 80 grit sandpapar and this forum is a fine clear coated woodworkers dream piece of furniture....

its a good idea to not put the sandpaper on the furniture...even in thought.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2010 :  1:13:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I understand what you say about people not lying in the future. But it is sometimes a difficult line to toe. There are several reasons for that.

One, some people (like me) are extremely sensitive. Although we generally try not to lie, At times we may feel as if we are lying without any intention to do so. That is just because we feel we can't find exactly the right words or phrases to express something. Sometimes you have to take into consideration the listener when you speak. You might say something completely different to people who are from different cultures.

The second reason is that all words are basically lies! They are not reality, they are only representations of reality. And how well they represent depends on the speaker's vocab, culture, and expertise at speaking.

For instance, let me exaggerate: A small child who doesn't have much vocabulary yet sees a brown horse. He wants to tell his mom, but doesn't know the word for brown, or the word horse. So he tells his mom he saw a big red dog. Is that a lie? Not intentionally, but it's certainly not true. Adults will run into the same problem, but not as obvious.
Everyone's perception of the world is different, and since words are approximations, communication is inherently flawed.
Go to Top of Page

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2010 :  04:39:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Sage890
quote:
I want to think or say that this is complex for me to read, interpret, understand....esp other peoples experience.

Thats ok me too. I think things will begin to become clearer as we become more dedicated to the practice of meditation

quote:
I feel like a walking piece of 80 grit sandpapar and this forum is a fine clear coated woodworkers dream piece of furniture....

its a good idea to not put the sandpaper on the furniture...even in thought.

We all have to start somewhere, I am sure many people here may have felt the same way as you did when first beginning to post on these forums but rest assured you contributions are most welcome.

Etherfish

I get what your saying, I have edited this post a few times and the reason being i felt it wasn't quit what I wanted to say

I guess what I am feeling is that communication is taking place on a deeper level. It feels as though others motives are being communicated along with the more superficial wording??? I have realised that this has happened in conjunction with me becoming much more conscious of my own motives when speaking. I am not sure if I should add this here but I feel as though the world has taken on a more surreal and vivid characteristic then before and that this is an aspect of that.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2010 :  03:29:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"You will know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."

Ah, how refreshing when the truth comes to us in stillness. No doubt, no fear, no question as to the literal or metaphorical nature of THAT which is. Who wants some pure bliss consciousness for dessert? You can savor it all night. Maybe it tastes like an eternal key lime pie without the sugar rush--just pure contentment abounding in our consciousness.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000