Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kavacha; Spiritual Pranic Shield/Armor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John C

USA
76 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  02:16:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Have any of you yogis experienced the development of Kavacha?
It's a pleasant feeling over the entire body seeming to be just outside skin surface level, most noticable just at awakening from sleep. It's kind of a warmth, or golden glow just outside skin level, swirling in waves, and can last for as long as one is laying down, enhanced by breath awareness meditation. Kavacha is said to be a golden spiritual armor of pranic radiance over the entire energy body, in complete equilibrium. Anybody out there experience this too?
J.C.

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  9:46:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you practice Gurunath's Surya Yoga? =)
Go to Top of Page

John C

USA
76 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  12:49:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Holy

Do you practice Gurunath's Surya Yoga? =)

Hi Holy,
What is that practice you mention?
Do you or does he (or does anyone here) experience this golden spiritual shell/armor called Kavacha?
Is anybody with me on this?
j.c.

Edited by - John C on Oct 19 2010 02:14:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  04:36:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Its good to have a spiritual shield when you meditate. The source is your heart.

I had one on all the time. It can be expanded and contracted on will and others can also be protected by it.

But sooner or later you won't need such shields.

Go to Top of Page

John C

USA
76 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  09:12:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

But sooner or later you won't need such shields.

You're mistaken on that. The kavacha is not something you need or don't need. It's the pranic sheath/energy body,anandamaya kosha, fully developed, like the physical body. It either drops away at the time of death, like the physical body does, or it gets up and walks away like an old man walking up a hill. I haven't figured that out yet. It may be the immortal soul, that returns in another incarnation or doesn't. That's The Mystery.
J.C.

Edited by - John C on Oct 19 2010 9:21:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  10:27:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know john, never experienced that.

On the other hand, I think Manigma is correct. I usually feel like I'm really expansive, and the energy my body produces extends far beyond the skin. It's strong. It doesn't feel like "armour" though. It's more like I have this weightless, yet dense, energy cushion. It goes well beyond me and it is especially strong coming out of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  01:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by John C
It either drops away at the time of death, like the physical body does, or it gets up and walks away like an old man walking up a hill.

Mine seems to have gone fishing.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000