Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Children's Music
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LucienneK

Canada
28 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  11:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am curious to know if anyone would have any recommendations for music to listen to with my little one. I was trying to find something inspirational but geared towards young minds. I did a little bit of research and found one album I kind of like.
http://www.mosaicproject.org/cdschi...f3iAodcT8ZYw

Does anybody have any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Luci

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  08:18:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
maybe you should experiment with your child by listening to various genres of music.

I have been successful years ago with Baby Bach. Today my son is 9 and he likes radio music...or Kidz Bop style which is children singing todays hits.

you can take your child to the musci store and usually you can sample CD's or just start with something and play it as background when around the house...cleaning, cooking, whatever.

I was shocked and laughed when my son years ago liked listening to the Who..he had gotten a hold of the CD thru a neighbor....
funny to hear him sing verses...

today he likes to control the raio sstaion buttons much to my chagrin..
I can only take so much of lady gaga.
Go to Top of Page

LucienneK

Canada
28 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  12:24:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you sage890 for the advice.

We are so not looking forward to having to put up with the music geared towards tween girls when she gets older. She's only 4 months old now so we've got a while. Hopefully there will be better options then. (Justin Beiber...Blech!!)

I will give Baby Bach a try. Thank you for the suggestion.

We listen to a fair bit of variety in our house. I listen to mostly alternative/folky type music and my husband, CarsonZi, likes more heavy, angry screaming music. Thankfully no Lady Gaga around here...

Lately we have both been really enjoying Trevor Hall which is more inspirational. It's what got me thinking about this topic and wondering if there was music out there like Trevor hall, kinda spiritual and inspirational but aimed at children. I know religions like Mormonism (which is what I was raised with) has lots of kids music and I still know some of the songs, but I was hoping to find some that was a little more generally spiritual. Not geared towards one religions teachings.

Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  5:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is called Baby Einstein, but Baby Bach is one of them.

Good Luck with that!

If I can find a song to post I will.
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  5:57:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Smart Symphonies from Enfamil is even better than the Baby Bach.

It was for me during and after pregnancy a CD that I listened to alot...and I guess he did too!

now he is a justin fan....

shhess
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  7:22:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Luci

I don't know of anything spiritual that's specifically geared towards kids (I'm not in the market for that ). But I think musical diversity is a good idea for kids (or adults, for that matter).

Anything complex will stimulate the little one's brain. If I had kids, they'd be listening to jazz, Mozart, heavy metal, and Drum & Bass. I'd expose them to all kinds of music, but I think the aforementioned would be good for them. Some Bob Marley would be in the mix too

Don't worry, I think Gaga and Bieber will fizzle out long before Amrita reaches her tweens. Wishful thinking maybe

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  09:32:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pachelbel's Canon in D is a favorite and is on the smart symphonies CD...www.youtubech?v=hOA-2hl1Vbc&...ayer_embedded" target="_blank">http://.com/watwww.youtubech?v=hOA-...yer_embedded

tried to drag it over here...don't know if this was successful.

the versian on the cd is very peaceful and calming and soothing.

Go to Top of Page

LucienneK

Canada
28 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  12:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Cosmic
quote:
I don't know of anything spiritual that's specifically geared towards kids (I'm not in the market for that ). But I think musical diversity is a good idea for kids (or adults, for that matter).

Anything complex will stimulate the little one's brain. If I had kids, they'd be listening to jazz, Mozart, heavy metal, and Drum & Bass. I'd expose them to all kinds of music, but I think the aforementioned would be good for them. Some Bob Marley would be in the mix too

That's a great tip. Thank you. Carson's got a pretty extensive music collection here so I will put something new on every once and a while.

quote:
Don't worry, I think Gaga and Bieber will fizzle out long before Amrita reaches her tweens. Wishful thinking maybe

They may fizzle out but I'm sure there will be some other sugar pop "artists" to take their place. Can't wait...

@sage890

I guess no matter what we have them listen to in our own homes, they'll still go out of the house and get influenced by the masses.

I tried the links and they didn't work... But I researched on my own and found some nice versions. It is beautiful and peaceful. In fact I was just listening to it with her and she passed right out. Thank you for sharing!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000