Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 what does inner silence feel like ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devrim

Thailand
33 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  06:02:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit devrim's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i have been practicing AYP for 3 years now with regular morning and evening practices, and although i have seen some lovely senery along the way i cannot say for sure if i have connacted that inner slience we are suppose to be getting in touch with in DM.
life is good, energy levels good and i feel stable and balanced, however i still feel unsure if the inner slience (witness) is there or not. of course i realize that the witness is beyond a mental state, but i would appriciate some helps with this.

Zelebe

Netherlands
35 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  07:04:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there Devrim,
I don't practice AYP that long, but also have attended a Chinese Zen retreat. What I consider to be the inner silence, is that you don't get carried away with the data your (inner and outer) senses provide you with. Probably you have already a degree of inner silence, but don't recognize it as such.

Edited by - Zelebe on Oct 04 2010 08:26:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  07:12:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi devram. It's hard to say what inner silence "feels" like, because once you've noticed it, you're not in it anymore. It's simply the absence of thoughts. One way you can tell that your inner silence is increasing is by noticing that your thoughts seem to have less effect on you than before. They seem to be more distant, and less personal. They are observed merely as a happening, without being attached to your sense of self.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  10:19:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It feels like the nothingness of complete relaxation. You almost notice it more from the inverse when a thought floats through.

Namaste, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2010 :  3:40:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=8464

Have a look at this thread.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  01:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by devrim
i cannot say for sure if i have connacted that inner slience we are suppose to be getting in touch with in DM.

When you get in touch with it, you will soon realize that you were never separate from it.

Silence is your very nature.

Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  04:12:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Devrim,
Here is a link of a similar issue discussed. Could help....
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....nner,silence
Go to Top of Page

devrim

Thailand
33 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  11:41:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit devrim's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you everyone for your replies to this thread, especially the link to the previous thread on the same subject.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....nner,silence
the comments here are so helpful and offer great insight on inner silence, it seems that inner silence is both a lot of things and at the same time nothing, ahh the joys of spiritual paradox i love it, my bhakti is strong, and i will continue to use AYP baseline teachings to continue on the path...... 'just one step back'.....
i am so happy to have found you all on this website, satsang has never been so easy and diverse, looks like i will need too spend more time in front of the computer now
Go to Top of Page

devrim

Thailand
33 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2010 :  01:23:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit devrim's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Its amazing to me that i missed it for the last 3 years now i have been so focus on trying to hold on to the mantra that i have been shouting it out in my head and not refining it into slience.Although i must have read 'refining the mantra' many times, it is just like when you what a movie and miss out some action that is key. so at last i get and as with others i have read recently lesson 366 has been a great help in understanding my undersensitivity.
in my attempt to crowd out the other noise going on (my thoughts)i have been repeating ayam so loud and clear that slience could not be heard.I am so happy and can already feel something different moving from within, i thank you yogani and and others here on this forum to keep me on this wonderful path.
devrim.
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  3:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by devrim

Its amazing to me that i missed it for the last 3 years now i have been so focus on trying to hold on to the mantra that i have been shouting it out in my head and not refining it into slience.

Good progress, Devrim.
Sometimes it can even take 3 lifetimes to realize that "it" is dangling right in the front of one's own nose - and yet, it's always there.
I like Yogani's expression of favoring (as opposed to pushing) the meditation over the thoughts.

The "Catch 22" (or paradox, or vicious circle) is, that when we label "it" or actively dwell in "it", we're doing something more than meditation - and that's why "it" slips away...

I "seize" the moments of stillness and total oneness easily whenever they come to me in nature, especially in nature that surrounds the body (a lake, sea, forrest). Even if my mind registers the stillness, the wind and the sun still keep repeating what brought it to me (no matter if I register or not). In meditation, on the other hand, even "registering the state of stillness" tends to take a little energy out of the meditating; that's the paradox we tend to overlook.

Edited by - HathaTeacher on Oct 14 2010 3:04:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

devrim

Thailand
33 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  12:16:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit devrim's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hatha teacher thank you for your intelligent and valuable comments, i have been pondering over them the last few days.so true, nature or beautiful environments that takes your breath away does bring with it a state of stillness, i will try to recognise and expand this the next time it occurs. i can make the connection with stillness in meditation much more easily with this in mind, however i also understand that being in the mind will not lead to that stillness. paradox seems to be an important word here in our spritual quest, i am more than happy to go along with that with no frustrations, and let it be.
i will continue with refining the mantra, even if it does take another 3 lifetimes.
thank you and god bless you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000