Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Out of Body Experience
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gkrheera

India
20 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  06:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit gkrheera's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Some time back my wife had an out of body experience where she could see her body lying on the bed. This lasted for about 5 secs and she was scared a lot. She used to practice AYP back then (now she has shifted to some other meditation practices).
Also yesterday one of my neighbours (she does pranayam/meditation taught by the Paramahansa Yogananda Institute) reported a similar incident which lasted for few minutes and she was able to see herself walking around and also lying on the bed. She too was very scared (thought she was dead) and felt going back into her body a few minutes later and felt a huge choke at her throat. She was normal in few minutes.
Is this some kind of unconcious samyama happening? Would appreciate any mind share from the group.

Heera

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  11:56:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This has happened to me a lot of times, and is probably from getting into the astral body, and watching the physical.
There is absolutely nothing to be scared of. just observe. being scared actually works against you in such cases.
Sometimes if you're scared it makes you paralyzed. usually if you
can shut off the fear and just relax it's easier to move around
in the astral body.
Be sure you shut off the fear as soon as it starts, like within a couple seconds. Otherwise you can get caught up in it.
Go to Top of Page

gkrheera

India
20 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  12:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit gkrheera's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Etherfish, any patterns in practices preceding this which might have triggered it off. I still am unclear on the phenomenon.
Am hoping clear knowledge of whats happening will help warding off instinctive fear.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  6:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No i haven't noticed anything that triggers it. We have to remember that we are not this body. We are an immortal point of perception, this body is ours to use temporarily, and it is natural to travel out of it occasionally. most people just block it out or think of it as a dream.
Don't worry, you will always automatically come back to your body until it is your time to leave it naturally.

Edited by - Etherfish on Feb 22 2006 6:02:29 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000