Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 What do I do next?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2010 :  6:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone :)

i feel a little lost , i seem to have reached a dramatic peak in my purification process from being deeply possessed by evil spirits and other awful things with massive blockages all over my body (psychotic)

to the relative purity of just having karmic or darkness without the voices (Hurray!)

I have two voices: my mind, intellectually understanding the problem and victim to all this and my soul or spirit :P

I have had a to be a warrior with much desire for healing and purity to get this far and God has given me the strength to bear it.

I'm working a very mundane job which i get great satisfaction from and i practise DM, Pranayama and Samyama (just settling in with that)

and i have experienced the witness at times of stress in the physical world.

Now, at first i felt lost but now i feel very excited. I can't believe i made it this far and yet there is an infinite journey ahead of me.

My question is this:

I'm reading about bhakti on AYP, is it the same or a higher version of focus?

and if so what do i do now I've been so focused on getting well, i need a number of different ishtas but wound't know where to start?

Bliss and ecstasy rule

Joe

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  5:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JosephUK

Hi everyone :)

i feel a little lost , i seem to have reached a dramatic peak in my purification process from being deeply possessed by evil spirits and other awful things with massive blockages all over my body (psychotic)

to the relative purity of just having karmic or darkness without the voices (Hurray!)

I have two voices: my mind, intellectually understanding the problem and victim to all this and my soul or spirit :P

I have had a to be a warrior with much desire for healing and purity to get this far and God has given me the strength to bear it.

I'm working a very mundane job which i get great satisfaction from and i practise DM, Pranayama and Samyama (just settling in with that)

and i have experienced the witness at times of stress in the physical world.

Now, at first i felt lost but now i feel very excited. I can't believe i made it this far and yet there is an infinite journey ahead of me.

My question is this:

and if so what do i do now I've been so focused on getting well, i need a number of different ishtas but wound't know where to start?

Bliss and ecstasy rule

Joe

Hi Joe,

Congratulations on your healing and amazing progress!

Your desire to heal is your bhakti and I can think of no higher ideal than that, it can carry you all the way.

Choosing an "Ishta's" is a very personal thing, if you search your heart something will present itself that is ideal for you.

Best of luck!
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  7:30:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joe,

So good to hear of your amazing results!!! It's always great to hear of a person who's bhakti led and leads to wholeness!

I wish you much happiness and supreme peace of mind and heart!

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2010 :  5:06:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great to hear this :)

quote:

Let your inner guru guide you on this one. I personally didn't feel that the correct way for me was to devote myself to any physical or personal image of an ishta. I read through enlightenment milestones and the descriptions of experience/states of consciousness from AYP members and other enlightened people, or people on the path. Whilst reading these, I feel the strong desire for awakening. I then pray to myself, repeatedly, with intense longing "divine father, show me that you and I are one" (prayer suggested by paramahansa yogananda), or "father, show me the kingdom of heaven that lies within me".

I reccomend reading this - a guide of how to pray to god for enlightenment www.alightproducts.com/pdf/p...edextract.pdf

Written by paramhansa yogananda. So I just have an intense longing and continually offer that longing to god. I remind myself that the fulfillment of this intense longing for non-duality is why I am meditating, before each meditation session.

hope this helps
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000