New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2010 :  08:38:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks Mac!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  6:17:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
Just want to share my new art website here: http://www.creationsfromstillness.com/paintings

I can never express my gratitude in words to Yogani and AYP and all my friends here at AYP for helping me get in touch with my inner silence. These are creations from this silence... an expression of the stillness from which every moment arises and subsides.
Thanks you.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  8:33:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for sharing this shanti, they are such beautiful paintings
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  08:27:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, mr_anderson.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  10:49:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Shanti....I missed this whole post somehow.

I love your paintings [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

May they keep coming - and thank you for sharing them so generously.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  10:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Katrine!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  03:01:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Shanti...beautiful paintings...
i draw too
amd my mum is a painter ...
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  07:35:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you my dear Maheswari.

Maybe you can share some of your art with us.
After the first AYP retreat in Allentown, we have had a few participants who found their inner artist. If you are on Facebook, send me a friend request and I can get you in touch with some of our artist friends... and we would all love to see your art too, and maybe your mother's art as well.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  05:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Shanti...
i am not on facebook...not my thing
txs
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  05:18:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Shanti
BTW ...i only draw.. no colouring...plus its not spiritual drawings.....i should develop this artistic side more..
mum stuff are real paintings...i mean oil paintings...modern stuff and nude stuff...but she is not doing any art anymore cause now she has alzheimer dementia...(i dont know why i felt like telling u this ) .
anyway thx dear
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  08:02:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No worries about FB. :)

Well, any form of art (painting, drawing, music, poetry, etc.) is an expression from the stillness.... it is the movement of the stillness, it is the shakti of the shiva... and sketches are just as divine as paints. So if you ever decide to share your drawings, do let me know. I would love to see them.

Much love to you and your mother. [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 07 2011 :  01:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
will keep that in mind
thx Shanti
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  6:06:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
Please take a look a this literary journal: Scythe... I am the featured artist in this issue. Click on the featured artist and scroll down and click on the paintings to view some of my art and poetry.

Creations from stillness would never have happened if it wasent for the love and support form all here.
Thank you.

http://scytheliteraryjournal.com/issue-vii.php
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  11:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,

I have seen your FB album before, those are awesome and you have really known colors and expressions. I was bigtime hit by the painting 'Radiance' along with others.

Wish you keep rocking, you are really an inspiration .

Love ...
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  01:43:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
heart hands and stillness dancing are my favorites
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  09:25:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Swan and Maheswari.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  09:14:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
On Maha Shivaratri, I would like to quote the blessings of Shiva:
"23. Feel your substance, bones, flesh, blood, saturated with cosmic essence."
-Vigyana Bhairava Tantra

...and share my latest painting "Melting Heart" http://www.creationsfromstillness.c...elting-heart

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  09:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This painting (Melting Heart)came to me as a vision. A few days after the vision, I found a cave in my heart.

I had asked Christi(our resident scholar ) about this and he quoted:
"The primeval one who is hard to perceive,
wrapped in mystery, hidden in the cave,
residing within the impenetrable depth—
Regarding him as god, an insight
gained by inner contemplation,
both sorrow and joy the wise abandon."

~Katha Upanishad

He also shared these words of Rumi :
"My Heart is a place of prayer"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...=BJ1LrJI2U7w

Thanks Christi.
_/\_
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  09:52:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti...That was a precious gift on a Maha Sivarathri eve.. :)

By the way, how did you get into colors and brushes?? Doesn't seem like a skill acquired in this lifetime.. especially when it comes out of stillness.

I see "Melting heart" as the grace that fills this Universe.. That was wonderful!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  11:28:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
beautiful Shanti...i started to draw again...but only using wood pencil and wooden pencils colors....now i am drawing Ganesha....before it i did a beautifully colored peacock...will share them soon ...
happy Sivaratri everybody
Love
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  11:34:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
really Christi is our resident scholar...very nice verse from Katha Upanishad
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  11:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As I see the painting, my heart sings the song ...

"Light my soul with thy holy flame.
let my darkness my sadness melt into light ... "
[Aguner poroshmoni chhoao pran-e]

Thanks for sharing Shanti
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  09:33:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by chit-ananda51

Shanti...That was a precious gift on a Maha Sivarathri eve.. :)

By the way, how did you get into colors and brushes?? Doesn't seem like a skill acquired in this lifetime.. especially when it comes out of stillness.

I see "Melting heart" as the grace that fills this Universe.. That was wonderful!

Thank you Chit-ananda.
My aunt is a really good artist and she used to make all my cousins and me and my brother and the little kids in our neighbourhood draw and color every Sunday morning when we were kids . That was my introduction to paints. But that did not last. Then when I was 16 I did 2 watercolors, but they lacked something. And then in May of 2010 stillness got me out of my shell and made me start painting again (maybe I have it from another lifetime ).
Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  09:35:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

beautiful Shanti...i started to draw again...but only using wood pencil and wooden pencils colors....now i am drawing Ganesha....before it i did a beautifully colored peacock...will share them soon ...
happy Sivaratri everybody
Love

Thank You Maheswari.
I hope you share some of your artwork. Would love to see them. I love peacocks...
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  09:56:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Swan

As I see the painting, my heart sings the song ...

"Light my soul with thy holy flame.
let my darkness my sadness melt into light ... "
[Aguner poroshmoni chhoao pran-e]

Thanks for sharing Shanti

Wow Swan...
Thank YOU!!!

That song fits so well. I had forgotten that song... my mom used to sing it at family gatherings and parties when I was younger... listened to it this morning and it brought tears to my eyes (and brought back some beautiful memories of our family gatherings )...
Thank you.

For others, it is a Bengali song by Rabindranath Tagore...
http://youtu.be/Xe7U1A3VDxQ

English translations to the lyrics go like this (pretty close ):

Touch my heart with your fire
So that this life
burns as a glorious offering.

Let this body
Be like a lamp among the heavens
And every song
Light up in glowing gesture.

In the heart of darkness
I shall feel your touch
Through the nights
As you light the stars
One after another.

No darkness shall
Veil this vision -
I shall find wondrous lights
Wherever I gaze.
And my tears
Will find a blazing fervor
As they reach up for the skies.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000