New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  11:20:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,
Stillness expresses itself in many ways. A few months back I started painting again after almost 26 year, and was pleasantly surprised at what showed up on the canvas.

I would love to take credit for what is expressed on the canvas, but, it truly is stillness expressing itself. The colors, the brush strokes, the final outcome is not something I plan on.

I really don't have any formal training in art, and the other day a friend of mine asked me what technique I had used on a certain painting... I had no idea , I just paint and let stillness guide me.

I hope you enjoy the stillness as much as I enjoy it.
http://the-journey-inward.blogspot....illness.html

PS: If you click on the names of the painting below the painting itself, it will take you to a blog post on it, which kinda talks about the creation of each one.

swaha

Lebanon
88 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  11:29:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i especially love the last one called "Reflection"
i find all of them "alive" and "generous"..
there is your heart poured in it. no doubt about that..
coz the same fragrance i felt in all of the paintings..
namaste to Creativity in u :)
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  12:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love them Shweta!!!

Thank You
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  12:02:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Swaha.
It means a lot coming from you, you yourself are an awesome artist!!!

Yes "Reflection" is my favorite one too.

It is a painting of my daughter. It was her idea, to paint her in a mirror doing what she loves the most, reading and with her flute.
The funny thing was, after that painting, a friend of mine said, "do you realize you have Krishna in every one of your paintings?"

I had to think about it. Yes, I did start with the first painting of the cosmic romance of Radha and Krishna. My next one was the "Milkmaid" and though I had not thought about it, but milkmaids or gopis, are associated with Krishna. My next painting was Radhika, again, I had not really thought about Krishna when I painted that one. Then, next, was "Devotion", a painting of Mirabai, with the peacock feather; an intentional symbol of Krishna, that time. And now, my daughter with her flute, the instrument associated with Krishna... again unintentional. I guess Krishna has had a way of showing up in all my paintings, even though I wasn't consciously aware of this. I feel really blessed.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  12:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yonatan!!!
You kinda inspired me to share my paintings here by sharing your own.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=7784
Go to Top of Page

swaha

Lebanon
88 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  1:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
:)

i had a blockage for many years when it comes to personal visual creations..
only now can i let go the hand(s) and let them express what is within..
during a 4 days group in Osho, Pune, i got in touch with the innocent space within.. and was able to draw from a no mind state..
there was sufi music as a background and this big white paper on the floor..
we drew on the first day of the group..and on the last day, after many releases... no need to say we got a huge surprise when we put both drawings next to eachother..
amazing how drawing/painting can tell about our inner realms..
i encourage everybody to try.. it is not about "knowing how to draw well"..
there is no good or bad way to draw..
there is a let go.. and playfulness..
all the senses are alert..
it can be a deep meditation.. to be herenow in the process of painting..

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Edited by - swaha on Sep 02 2010 1:36:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  1:27:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful

'Comfort' is so touching (in all senses of the word)!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  1:50:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by swaha

it can be a deep meditation.. to be herenow in the process of painting..

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Yes you get it!!!!

It is active meditation. I can paint for hours and not have any thoughts... be at perfect peace with myself. When my mind jumps in to decide on something, the paints just don't flow... then I let go the "trying to make it perfect", like samyama drop the trying, and there is perfection again.

quote:
Originally posted by swaha

i had a blockage for many years when it comes to personal visual creations..
only now can i let go the hand(s) and let them express what is within..
during a 4 days group in Osho, Pune, i got in touch with the innocent space within.. and was able to draw from a no mind state..
there was sufi music as a background and this big white paper on the floor..
we drew on the first day of the group..and on the last day, after many releases... no need to say we got a huge surprise when we put both drawings next to eachother..
amazing how drawing/painting can tell about our inner realms..
i encourage everybody to try.. it is not about "knowing how to draw well"..
there is no good or bad way to draw..
there is a let go.. and playfulness..
all the senses are alert..

Beautiful!!!!
Thank You!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  1:55:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by amoux

Beautiful

'Comfort' is so touching (in all senses of the word)!

Thanks Amoux!!!
I love that one too. I was inspired to draw that one when I saw new born Amrita's (Carson's daughter) pictures on FB. Just brought back memories of holding my children. When they would hold my finger it comforted them, but it comforted me too... I have tears in my eyes writing this. It is all so very precious.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  2:38:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aaaaahhhhh.... the Stillness RADIATES from your paintings Shweta. Like taking the biggest deepest breath imaginable. Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh So perfect. Thank you _/\_

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  3:50:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks Carson!!!
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  6:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shweta! That is so joyful to hear. Thank you!!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  10:20:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti :)
Those are lovely paintings and there is definately an aura about them. They took my breath away! Well done!
Thank you for sharing.
TI
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  11:30:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks TI.
Your words are truly touching.
Go to Top of Page

Buffle37

Switzerland
79 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  02:52:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buffle37's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
Your pictures are so beautiful and inspiring, I choose "Radha and Krishna" as wall paper for my computer.So i can see it each time i open the computer.
Many thanks
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  08:45:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank Buffle37.
I feel honored!!!
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  3:41:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
These are really good.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  6:34:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful Shweta, you're talents have no bounds
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  6:43:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Scott.
I remember reading your poetry (which I hope you still write...) and wondering if there was something I would ever be good at.

Thanks Louis.... your words mean a lot to me.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  11:11:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta,

These are all really beautiful. The one of your daughter is especially powerful and beautiful; it's really wonderful that you can let art like this come through.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  07:17:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great stuff Shweta thanks for sharing. keep painting
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  08:05:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Kirtanman and Richard for your sweet, kind words.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  6:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,

Your paintings are gorgeous! That must have been an amazing feeling to discover that Krishna was in all of them

Thank you for sharing them with us here!

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2010 :  7:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Cosmic!!!
quote:
That must have been an amazing feeling to discover that Krishna was in all of them

Yes it was... a feeling of wow!!! And feeling of being blessed. The only bad thing... now that the mind is aware of it, it is wondering how to make Krishna fit it into the next painting... (shaking my head... mind ... mind... mind...
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  8:44:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
Just want to share a painting of mine called "Stillness Dancing".
http://the-journey-inward.blogspot....dancing.html

It was inspired by AYP ... another way of describing Stillness in Action.

Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2010 :  8:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
WOW! Fantasticulicious!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000