Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 30 sutras
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ayamer

Brazil
78 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2010 :  8:56:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi ... :) .. I have a doubt .. in the appendix of the book "SAMYAMA" ... There are 30 sutras, Patanjali describes in Book III, these 30 sutras, wy all the 30 sutras are not part of the sequence recommended in AYP ?

god bless

Ayamer

Brazil
78 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  08:56:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am very happy with the sequence recommended in AYP, I'm achieving wonderful results in daily energy, tranquility .. But my nature is to be a curious person:)

I asked this question because I do the recommended nine sutras, but always (to search) when I put a new sutra, add one more sutra, I always feel bad, I'm not being balanced, anyone know why ?

the other sutras are not good for the expansion of conscience ?

"PS: I'm 35 years old I did TM for 20 years daily 2x20 always every day, some basis for practicing new sutras I think I have "

but if the 30 sutras are not good, wy Patanjali recommends ? I do not understand this

Edited by - Ayamer on Aug 16 2010 10:02:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  11:21:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ayamer:

The most important thing in samyama practice is to have a balanced list of sutras that we can "bake in" over years of daily practice. This is how the effects of samyama are found emerging in all aspects of life, where all of our thoughts and feelings are naturally occurring in stillness. This is the transition of our life to spontaneous divine outpouring and stillness in action.

The number of potential sutras is endless, limited only by imagination. The 30 Patanjali sutras are a general representation of possibilities. They are included in simplified form in the appendix of the AYP Samyama book with some guidelines for those who are inclined to do research on them. Those guidelines honor the importance of maintaining a stable daily practice as the first priority. So if you are inclined to do some research on sutras, it is suggested to follow the procedure there, preferably after you are well-established with your daily core samyama practice.

As you know, AYP is an open resource on practices, so no one will tell you exactly how you should practice. That is for you to decide. For your own benefit, it will be wise to keep a solid baseline practice routine in place for good progress with comfort, and limit research to what can be absorbed in the daily routine without upsetting the apple cart.

Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Ayamer

Brazil
78 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  12:14:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani ... thanks for your reply .. thanks for sharing your knowledge ..

yes I understand what you say .. I practice the nine sutras and they are balanced, I feel fine ... wonderful,

How you selected a well-balanced list and that works very well for us all ..

maybe someday I'll understand how you found a list of nine sutras balanced

now I'll keep my daily practice with nine sutras stable for a long time ..

thanks again for sharing your knowledge with us, and for your support

God Bless

Edited by - Ayamer on Aug 16 2010 12:38:09 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000