Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Merging Prana and Apana question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tantor

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2010 :  07:54:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I've learnt how to merge prana and apana at the navel to generate heat. I've also read that this heat can awaken Kundalini.

Do I have to take this heat down to muladhara somehow? Or should I just remain at manipura trying to feel more and more heat until it reaches muladhara on its own? Is it even necessary for the heat to reach muladhara directly?

I've generally been taking the heat down to muladhara, and applying mulabandha to draw the energy up my spine, but haven't found a way of getting the heat down there that I'm quite happy with yet. If this is the right thing to do, I'd like to hear any pointers you may have - specifically the route you use to take it down (e..g straight down from the navel, down the spine via swadisthana, down the front of the body).

Thanks a lot

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2010 :  08:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2010 :  10:46:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tantor

Hi everyone,

I've learnt how to merge prana and apana at the navel to generate heat. I've also read that this heat can awaken Kundalini.

Do I have to take this heat down to muladhara somehow? Or should I just remain at manipura trying to feel more and more heat until it reaches muladhara on its own? Is it even necessary for the heat to reach muladhara directly?

I've generally been taking the heat down to muladhara, and applying mulabandha to draw the energy up my spine, but haven't found a way of getting the heat down there that I'm quite happy with yet. If this is the right thing to do, I'd like to hear any pointers you may have - specifically the route you use to take it down (e..g straight down from the navel, down the spine via swadisthana, down the front of the body).

Thanks a lot

Hi Tantor :)
I too have generated a lot of heat at the lower tan tien (reversed breathing, vase breath..etc) and have had episodes with fire (my whole body became what felt like a huge torch, a ball of flames). Basically I scared the 'sh*t' out of myself a few times :)

The best book on this subject that I have seen so far was recommended by a past member here called "Adamant Clear Light", of whom I have great respect. He recommended "The Bliss of Inner Fire" by Lama Yeshe. If you wish to pursue your current endeavors I would recommend reading that book and finding a competent teacher.

http://www.amazon.com/Bliss-Inner-F...p/086171136X

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

tantor

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2010 :  02:45:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah, intersesting, thanks. I've heard about tummo, but haven't really looked into what it is before. I'll check it out.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2010 :  10:16:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tummo is simply awareness in the subnavel region, plus mulabhanda and finally kumbhaka.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  5:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lama Yeshe's book is really good, even if it is only a small part of the book were the actual techniques are decribed.

What he teaches is in the end: vase breathing with inner fire meditation. It is also known as tummo or inner heat yoga. The techniques of tummo are 1 part of the 6 yogas of Naropa. You could also say, it's the first part upon which all the other parts rely.

A good book where ancient masters teach the techniques in great clarity is this one:

http://www.amazon.de/Practice-Six-Y...49178&sr=8-3

In the end, all systems that have "produced" many enlightened people had some good working techniques that clean the central channel.

Edit: http://www.amazon.com/Practice-Six-...r_1559392568

Edited by - Holy on Sep 03 2010 5:53:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2010 :  10:19:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Holy

A good book where ancient masters teach the techniques in great clarity is this one:

Edit: http://www.amazon.com/Practice-Six-...r_1559392568

Hi Holy,
Thanks for mentioning that link. I look forward to reading that book :)

TI
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000