AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 The city's got me down
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  11:26:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all

I feel like i need a break from the city again, and fortunately ive got plans to get out of the confines of this urban maelstrom for a bit (and go to another urban maelstrom )

I cant wait!

Its always nice to get out of the big city once in a while. Ive found that no matter how vigilante one is, the city can bleed you dry after a while (and that goes double for us ultra-sensitives).

There's no place like a megalopolis for growth and evolution. But sometimes you need to get out and connect with nature and the peaceful rhythm of the natural world.

I have felt for a long long time that its quite important for me, at least, to have the frenzied growth only possible in the big urban conglomerates, and then to take some rest in the country or the wilderness... one of my great intentions is to someday have the possibility of an extended trip to the wilderness!

Anyone else agree?

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  1:38:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

Hello all

I feel like i need a break from the city again, and fortunately ive got plans to get out of the confines of this urban maelstrom for a bit (and go to another urban maelstrom )

I cant wait!

Its always nice to get out of the big city once in a while. Ive found that no matter how vigilante one is, the city can bleed you dry after a while (and that goes double for us ultra-sensitives).

There's no place like a megalopolis for growth and evolution. But sometimes you need to get out and connect with nature and the peaceful rhythm of the natural world.

I have felt for a long long time that its quite important for me, at least, to have the frenzied growth only possible in the big urban conglomerates, and then to take some rest in the country or the wilderness... one of my great intentions is to someday have the possibility of an extended trip to the wilderness!

Anyone else agree?

Little bit of what you fancy does you good as my Aunty used to say.

I live in a small town surrounded by countryside and spend a lot of the time walking and mountain biking in the hills. I like to go and sample a week or so of big City rush and excitement and then get back to the relative calm of my home town.

I spent a few weeks attending NLP training in London which was a real buzz. Lots of like minded people and almost a holiday atmosphere mixed in with a lot of hard work and long hours.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  2:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I get that Karl...

I was never a big city person until the K came.

I preferred to be in a medium sized place with lots of outdoor possibilities back then. But ever since, its been the big city. And ive really learned to enjoy it too.

What is NLP Karl?

London is a great place. I used to live there and its one of the great cities of the world. Not a big fan of the weather though.

For me the big city was something i had to learn to love.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  5:31:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I get that Karl...

I was never a big city person until the K came.

I preferred to be in a medium sized place with lots of outdoor possibilities back then. But ever since, its been the big city. And ive really learned to enjoy it too.

What is NLP Karl?

London is a great place. I used to live there and its one of the great cities of the world. Not a big fan of the weather though.

For me the big city was something i had to learn to love.

Neuro Linguistic Programming.

Go to Top of Page

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  6:07:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey all,

yes I have to agree, I love being outdoors and away from the business of larger cities. I live in an area in between a large town and the countryside so i find that works great for me. Spending time walking, laying in the grass and watching the clouds and observing animals are some of my favorite things to do and I feel play an important part in my life and health.

I have always wanted to go somewhere more remote though for the experience, but i am not sure it will be as romantic in real life as in my head.
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  7:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Head for Hokkaido or Nagano! Japan is way too hot and humid in the cities right now. I'm dying here in Nagoya. I really miss Seattle this time of year.
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  10:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i hate the city
i know i'm supposed to love and accept all things
but yellow city really grinds me to a nub

every time i finally get back to nature
i remember
"oh right!"

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  10:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by stevenbhow

Head for Hokkaido or Nagano! Japan is way too hot and humid in the cities right now. I'm dying here in Nagoya. I really miss Seattle this time of year.

Hehe, i would but im not in japan actually. Manhattan rather. Hope you can get out of the city.

Seattle is awesome in the summer. West Coast has the best weather in the world if you catch it in the right month!

jamuna, sounds like you've got a good thing going.
Ive always thought that eventually id like to live in the country just outside of a major urban area, maybe grow acres of produce and raise some animals or something. I love plants, and things that grow, taking care of them is both a pleasure and a responsibility. Fantastic stuff, and something we can't really get inside of the city.

Wilderness is something completely different then the country. Its the best, complete isolation (if youre lucky) but then again youve got to come prepared and take everything you need with you.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  1:28:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Wilderness is something completely different then the country. Its the best, complete isolation (if youre lucky) but then again youve got to come prepared and take everything you need with you.

Sounds like meditation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000