Enlightenment Milestones
 Desire vs Surrender
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  02:08:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
It was my birthday 2 days ago. I turned 31.

And I received 3 great gifts apart from the ones that my family gave.

1. HBO showed 'Batman Begins (2005)'

2. Another channel showed "The Abyss (1989)"

3. And from the last 3 days (including 2 nights from my birthday) I am aware/conscious all the time.

At night when I go to bed, instead of falling asleep unconsciously, I meditate while lying for about 30 mins. This generates a great energy in all the chakras and especially the third eye.

Then I remain aware the whole night. My body does all that it did before (turning, snatching blanket from my wife, removing feet of my son from my face). All this while I am aware the whole night.

Earlier I used to get headaches (and a wobbling body sense) if I forced to remain aware at night. But now its become natural and blissful.

Even after remaining aware for the whole night, it feels like I just lied down and got up again.

I have no headaches and it feels like the body is flowing / being held by my astral body/energy all the time.

And this is certainly not a stage of final Enlightenment as I assumed earlier. My body meditates twice a day to keep its battery charged.

=========

Plus, I made this new quote today:

Desire for the truth and surrender to the path.

I was struggling during morning meditation between desire and surrender when this came to me. It was a crucial moment.

We should have a strong desire to seek truth. And at the same time we should humbly surrender to what is being delivered to us.

This is a very important lesson I learned today and its definitely going to help me in my journey onwards.

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  09:13:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: Here is why I love 'Batman Begins':

What you really fear, is inside yourself. You fear your own power .. your own anger... the drive to do great - or terrible - things.

To conquer fear, you must become fear. And men fear most what they cannot see. You have to become a terrible thought. A wraith. You have to become an idea! Feel terror cloud your senses. Feel its power to distort.. to control. And know that this power can be yours. Embrace your worst fears. Become one with the darkness.

Your anger gives you great power. But if you let it, it will destroy you.

The training is nothing! Will is everything! The will to act.

Death does not wait for you to be ready! Death is not considerate or fair. And make no mistake: here, you face death.

The most beautiful scene is when Batman (whose worst fear were Bats) enters the cave and stands right between thousands of those flying creatures.

---

And 'The Abyss'. It relates so much with what I (and many meditators) experience during deep meditation/Samadhi. You have to watch it!

Its unbelievable how both these movies relate with the Spiritual journey.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  07:09:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK, this state that I am now in is not '100% awareness'. Its just 75% !!

I will try to clarify based on my experience of these levels:

Unconscious Deep Sleep: 0% Awareness + 100% Unawareness

Sleeping Dreaming: 25% Awareness + 75% Unawareness

Waking: 50% Awareness + 50% Unawareness

Turiya (Now): 75% Awareness + 25% Unawareness

Turiyatita (That): 100% Awareness + 0% Unawareness

When we meditate, we start becoming more and more aware and experience the higher levels of awareness.

I will also share an experience. I have 'Tennis Elbow' in my left arm from last over 2 months:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_elbow

I felt pain most of the time in Waking state. Sometimes so high to make me cry.

Now in the Turiya state, the pain is felt by the body, and the reaction also comes.... Ahhhhh!!!!

BUT......

The Ahhhhhh!!! comes first and pain is felt later. And the pain is just 50% of what was being felt in the waking state. This is very strange.

Its like the Ahhhhhhh!! is coming deep below from another person who feels the pain before I feet it.

The Turiyatita (That) state is experienced only for a few minutes when I meditate in the morning and night.

In Turiyatita (That), there is no pain / suffering at all - 0%. Leave aside pain, I don't even feel like having an arm. Leave aside arm, I don't feel like having a body.

=======
Other things that I notice in Turiya (Now):
- When I walk, it feels so light and cool to walk, with less effort then before.
- When I move my hand to pick an apple to eat it, I feel the hand reaching for the apple, picking it up, and then bringing it to my mouth.
- When I write this post, my hands are typing what I am thinking. But it feels more harmonious then before.
- Things are being observed more than being worried or getting tense about what is happening.
- All the things that I feel to do are done automatically by the body the moment I think about them. But its like I am just witnessing my actions while sitting on the backseat.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  07:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you put all your attention on the pain, it will go away. Imagine you are small and inside your body. Look at the pain and see what shape it is, what color, what texture, if it has a sound, a taste; all of your senses. If it moves or changes, follow it with all your awareness. Moving or changing means it is going away. If it keeps coming back periodically after killing the pain, it means your body wants you to take some action to heal it.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  09:08:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Etherfish

Yes, this definitely needs healing. The Doctor told me it might take 3 to 6 months. And advised me to rest which I try to get as much as possible.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  11:41:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

It was my birthday 2 days ago. I turned 31.

And I received 3 great gifts apart from the ones that my family gave.

1. HBO showed 'Batman Begins (2005)'

2. Another channel showed "The Abyss (1989)"

3. And from the last 3 days (including 2 nights from my birthday) I am aware/conscious all the time.

At night when I go to bed, instead of falling asleep unconsciously, I meditate while lying for about 30 mins. This generates a great energy in all the chakras and especially the third eye.

Then I remain aware the whole night. My body does all that it did before (turning, snatching blanket from my wife, removing feet of my son from my face). All this while I am aware the whole night.

Earlier I used to get headaches (and a wobbling body sense) if I forced to remain aware at night. But now its become natural and blissful.

Even after remaining aware for the whole night, it feels like I just lied down and got up again.

I have no headaches and it feels like the body is flowing / being held by my astral body/energy all the time.

And this is certainly not a stage of final Enlightenment as I assumed earlier. My body meditates twice a day to keep its battery charged.

=========

Plus, I made this new quote today:

Desire for the truth and surrender to the path.

I was struggling during morning meditation between desire and surrender when this came to me. It was a crucial moment.

We should have a strong desire to seek truth. And at the same time we should humbly surrender to what is being delivered to us.

This is a very important lesson I learned today and its definitely going to help me in my journey onwards.

Happy birthday

Yes i remember the days when i would sleep but remain aware. It is interesting for a while, and you really feel in tune with the divine 24/7. Its really great when you can focus on the hunger/thirst for truth all the time
But you're right this is not "enlightenment" and will come and go. Life gets in the way! hehehehe... one thing you cant accuse the divine of is being boring!

the Batman movies are great.... a nice mix of excitement and pop culture with very good filmaking and focus on the spiritual battle waged inside of ourselves.

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  12:46:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks tonightsthenight

The most amazing (and funniest) thing about sleeping while being aware is... you get up and you feel as fresh and as awake as you were right before sleeping. Its like you lied down a moment ago and just got up again. But the clock shows 8 hours passed away!!

I literally laughed when I got up this morning... my wife said "you had a amusing dream or something?" And I kept laughing and nodding my head in approval.

This is great... just great!

Yeah, I love the recent Batman movies. Have you seen "The Abyss"? Its a masterpiece.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  03:38:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to share the experience of observing dawn (morning / daybreak) while being consciously asleep.

When you are consciously asleep... you can open your eyes and look around if you wish... the body lies relaxed on the bed as if sound asleep.

When the Sun shines and the Earth starts glowing... it feels like I am glowing.

When the Birds start chirping... it feels like I am those birds.

When the Flowers open the petals to embrace the light of the Sun... it feels like I have become a flower.

Observing the dawn while being consciously asleep is such a beautiful experience !!

At daybreak, not only the earth, the birds, the animals and flowers awaken... the energy in our body also awakes. You know when the penis erects itself in the morning while you are asleep (the morning hardons) . Its the energy within that reacts when the dawn breaks. This is why morning meditation is said to be beneficial as the energy gets a natural boost in the morning.

When the inner energy within starts rising at dawn... the whole body feels orgasmic. Its a lovely experience.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  09:58:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

I would like to share the experience of observing dawn (morning / daybreak) while being consciously asleep.

When you are consciously asleep... you can open your eyes and look around if you wish... the body lies relaxed on the bed as if sound asleep.

When the Sun shines and the Earth starts glowing... it feels like I am glowing.

When the Birds start chirping... it feels like I am those birds.

When the Flowers open the petals to embrace the light of the Sun... it feels like I have become a flower.

Observing the dawn while being consciously asleep is such a beautiful experience !!

At daybreak, not only the earth, the birds, the animals and flowers awaken... the energy in our body also awakes. You know when the penis erects itself in the morning while you are asleep (the morning hardons) . Its the energy within that reacts when the dawn breaks. This is why morning meditation is said to be beneficial as the energy gets a natural boost in the morning.

When the inner energy within starts rising at dawn... the whole body feels orgasmic. Its a lovely experience.

Yeah, i love that feeling when i am riding the crest of the wave created through a disciplined yoga practice.

At those times, you seem to float through life as if in a lucid dream. Everything is beautiful, duality isn't even hinted at. It is at its most poignant in the morning... kind of a melding of sleep and awake.

Ive been riding the bottom end of the sine wave the past week and a half, and so i do have in mind now that life is not always about the high points, but also the low points. For me, ive been listless, lethargic, unable to meditate (even tho i try), and its just been too hot for too long to do much exercise or asanas. That doesnt mean that i dont still try to practice yoga as well as i can 24/7, but it does mean that i dont get the benefits that come with the high end of the wave.

But this morning i feel it all turning around and im thankful!

Its been rough these past three years. And maybe even longer than that when all is considered. Soul through the washing machine. But i hope and feel im turning a corner on that. The morning sunshine has to come eventually!

sorry to go on a tangent manigma... just what i was feeling
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2010 :  02:44:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight
life is not always about the high points, but also the low points.

Beautiful!

This and That.

Thanks tonightsthenight!

Reminds of this statement by MASTER RYUSUI:

EMPTINESS IS A NAME FOR NOTHINGNESS, A NAME FOR UNGRASPABILITY, A NAME FOR MOUNTAINS, RIVERS, THE WHOLE EARTH. IT IS ALSO CALLED THE REAL FORM. IN THE GREEN OF THE PINES, THE TWIST OF THE BRAMBLES, THERE IS NO GOING OR COMING. IN THE RED OF THE FLOWERS AND THE WHITE OF THE SNOW, THERE IS NO BIRTH AND NO DEATH.

JOY, ANGER, LOVE, PLEASURE -- THESE ARE BEGINNINGLESS AND ENDLESS DELUSION. ENLIGHTENMENT, PRACTICE, REALIZATION -- THESE ARE INEXHAUSTIBLE AND BOUNDLESS. THUS, EMPTINESS IS THE NAME FOR NOTHING ELSE; ALL THINGS ARE THE REAL FORM. IN ALL WORLDS, IN ALL DIRECTIONS, THERE IS NO SECOND, NO THIRD.

THEREFORE, IN THE FUNDAMENTAL VEHICLE THERE IS NO DELUSION OR ENLIGHTENMENT, NO PRACTICE OR REALIZATION. EVEN TO SPEAK OF PRACTICE AND REALIZATION IS A RELATIVE VIEW.

IN OUR SCHOOL, FROM THE FIRST ENTRY, THIS POINT SHOULD BE PRACTICED WHETHER SITTING, LYING DOWN, OR WALKING AROUND. WHEN SLEEPING, JUST SLEEPING, THERE IS NO PAST OR FUTURE. WHEN YOU AWAKEN, THERE IS NO SLEEP EITHER. THIS IS CALLED THE ABSOLUTE HOST.

I jumped and kissed the sky several times

Then fell back

But this time the sky came along with me

WoooooooHaaaaaaa!!!

Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2010 :  10:12:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great experiences manigma, must be a great feeling of freedom :)
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2010 :  01:41:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Panthau
Great experiences manigma, must be a great feeling of freedom :)

To be free from all feelings is the greatest freedom.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000