Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 AYP eBooks - New Formats and Price Reductions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  5:54:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All:

With the help of a fantastic programmer, whom we will call "J" for now, AYP is moving into a position to participate in the ebook revolution that is finally getting underway with the new e-readers and tablet computers coming out now. This has required adding EPUB and MOBI ebook formats in addition to the PDF ebook format we have been using since the beginning. It has been a major technical project, and is now nearly done.

In addition to the technical restructuring, there is a commercial restructuring going on in the ebook industry, which is enabling us to lower AYP ebook list prices.

Here is what it all means for AYP ebook reading and pricing:

With the new MOBI files, reading AYP ebooks on the Amazon Kindle is much improved.

The new EPUB files will enable the AYP ebooks to be in the Apple iBookstore for iPad, iPod and iPhone reading, It will take a few months to get it set up, but it is coming.

EPUB also covers Barnes and Noble Nook, the Sony reader, and a host of other e-readers and tablet computers. Many e-readers and tablet computers also read PDF files, so PDF is not becoming obsolete -- it remain the highest quality/resolution ebook file to use, reflecting the exact format of the physical book. EPUB and MOBI files reformat the book to fit the reading device being used.

Direct downloads of ebooks through the AYP website now include PDF, EPUB and MOBI files in the Zip File you download, and also the short MP3 introduction. It is three for the price of one, and the price of one is now less also. These are non-DRM (non-digital rights management) files, giving the reader maximum flexibility for all reading devices in the household.

Price Reductions
With the large players now vying for publishers to sign up with them, the share of ebook revenues going to publishers has increased. To share that with readers, all AYP ebook list prices have been reduced as follows:

AYP Easy Lessons -- was $14.95, is now $9.99
Secrets of Wilder Novel -- was $7.95, is now $5.99
Enlightenment Series eBooks (9 of those) -- were $5.99, are now $4.99

These list prices are effective immediately for AYP Direct Downloads, and will show up in all the distribution channels as their systems are up-dated.

Keep in mind that AYP Direct Downloads now provide PDF, EPUB and MOBI formats for the price of one ebook, so chances are good that whatever reading device you are using, we have you covered. If not, non-DRM EPUB files can be converted to additional formats using the free Calibre ebook management software.

eBook format and price changes above are reflected on the corresponding AYP book pages.

On top of all of this, the Google eBookstore is opening sometime this summer (or winter down-under), which will enable ebook reading and downloading on any device with an internet browser. Google has signed up the independent brick-and-mortar bookstore industry in the USA, so we will soon see Google ebooks offered on hundreds of independent bookstore websites. The AYP books have been on Google for years, and will now be available through the new Google eBookstore. Links to the AYP ebooks on Google will be added to the AYP Books Page as soon as they are available. The list prices will be the same as above.

Happy e-reading, and, as always, wishing you all the best on your path!

The guru is in you.

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  7:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  05:11:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great news Thanks, Yogani - and thanks, "J", too.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  12:56:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

The AYP Easy Lessons book conversion (the last one) is done now, with the ebook available via direct download, including PDF, EPUB and MOBI (Kindle) formats in the same zip file.

Additional bundling of the ebook files has been done with the audiobooks, and multiple ebook ("box set") downloads. Links to these direct download offers can be found in the top left border on any page of the forums and main website.

The Amazon Kindle Store has been brought completely up to date with the new ebook files also.

Down the road a bit, look for AYP in the Apple iBookstore, Barnes and Noble (Nook) eBooks, Google eBookstore, and more.

Happy reading, practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  1:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Any plans on translations? (not that i´d think about doing that, that´d need a lot more skill then i have)
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  2:03:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Panthau

Any plans on translations? (not that i´d think about doing that, that´d need a lot more skill then i have)

Hi Pan:

The approach has been for translators of the AYP books to take responsibility for publishing and distribution, including paperback and/or ebook, with a simple sales royalty coming back to AYP.

There has been some discussion about direct downloads from the AYP website. But this is an English site, so not sure if that makes sense. Probably better to follow what is customary in-country. Translated AYP book offerings would be a logical add-on to a translation website for the AYP online lessons, plus standard book and ebook distribution channels for that language. All in good time.

The epicenter of the ebook revolution is the USA, where paper books are plunging in favor of ebooks on hand-held reading devices (Kindle, iPad, Nook, Sony, etc,). That is why we have been upgrading and restructuring the AYP ebook offerings.

The revolution has not arrived in other parts of the world yet, but it will.

The guru is in you.

PS: AYP book translations (mainly the DM book so far) have been occurring in Czech, Norwegian, Spanish, and possibly German (check with kashiraja).

Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  3:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info Yogani. Seems like you´re very well versed in technological things :) (i always have this picture of an old man with white beard, living in a framehouse in the middle of a wood :))

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  2:16:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Last month, we took the new eBook formats (discussed above - covering all reading devices) and started bundling them into Zip files for substantial savings on multiple eBook downloads.

Then we figured out a way to do it for all of the 9 AudioBooks (with free eBooks included), without anyone having to do a 600 MB download.

Finally, bundling of three of the E-Series books (DM, SBP & AMB) has been done for those wanting concise instructions for starting up an AYP practice routine for very little cost.

All of these bundles can be found here: http://www.aypsite.org/books-xdirdo...ad.html#bund

Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2010 :  7:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Google Checkout has been added as a payment option for all AYP Direct Downloads.

Now both Paypal and Google Checkout show up as payment options when individual or bundled download items are added to the shopping cart.

I believe with these two, we cover every country and territory in the world. If that is not true for where you are, let me know, and we can look into it.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  10:57:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All!!

I recently received the Amazon Kindle as a present, and immediately downloaded the entire AYP library using the bundled download option. Now I have the portable AYP library with me where ever I go...what a great resource!! I just got back from an international business trip, and was able to do a lot of AYP reading on the plane, in cabs, in the hotel, etc.

I can also access all of the AYP books I've downloaded using the Kindle App on my iPhone, very cool stuff

Thanks Yogani for all of the hard work involved in making the writings available in e-book format, I know it must have been a major endeavor.

Peace & Love
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  2:30:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parallax:

It's a brave new world, with spiritual practitioners doing their thing everywhere. Bravo!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000